Brightlingsea

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Post by chris »

Yes we aim to leave frome around 5.00 friday. Tjough I seem to coming down with 'flu. - so who knows?
Chris
chris

Post by chris »

We may now travel on the saturday could someone post a timetable of the racing please?
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Now back from travels - sorry for the silence. Theank you Alan for helping out.

There is an all in handicap race on the Saturday afternoon which starts at 2pm. We are welcome to join in this as practice. The main races for the series start on Sunday morning at 11am. 2 Races Sunday and 1 on Monday.

The club is lookng forward to seeing us and will be flixible to our needs depending on the weather etc.

If there is anyone who would like to come but does not have/or want to tow a boat. Vintage 12 no 443 is available to borrow.

The club is very easy to find. Once in Brightlingsea, follow the signs for "waterside". You come down a long hill which sweeps round to the left. At the bottom the road is straight and the second on the right is Oyster Tank Road which leads to the club. If you go round a tight "S" bend you have gone to far.

Look forward to seeing you all.
chris

Post by chris »

Flu seems to have got the better of me so I think a trip to Brightlingsea is off. Sorry. Lois and I shant be there, we were looking forwardd to long weekend of vintage sailing.
Hope the weekend is a great success though.
Good luck,
Chris
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Has anyone printed out the cvrda handicaps to take along? Don't forget they are a guide, not gospel...go with your gut feelings on boats that are using all the classic old gear - it really is slower that way!
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

I'll second that, Rupert.
John and Lyn are setting off saturday am with merlin 36.
Chris
Pat

Post by Pat »

I will have my laptop with sailwave and the handicaps from Roadford if needed.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Sorry to hear the flu has got you Chris, you will be missed.

I have the handicap page saved on my computer and was waiting to see which boats turn up. Any help though Pat will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

The Sun has just come out here so it might be fine yet!!!
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Just a thank you to all who travelled up to Brightlingsea. I hope you had a great time and I know the club enjoyed having the classics there.

It has to be one of the finest sailing waters for all types of boats including classics and I know the club are very keen to see us return. They have said they are happy to put a date in the diary for every year.

Hopefully Brightlingsea can be a centre for classics on the East Coast. I am sure there are many of them lurking in barns and sheds. There will be a very warm welcome next time you come.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Good to hear it went well! Don't forget the writeups! I'm sure in the east, especially, there must be many yacht sailors who still have their old dinghy, and just need a nudge to get it out again.
Rupert