Baltic Wharf April 29th

Chat about CVRDA events
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Please note that the details on the events page seem to be stuck on last year.

We hope to start at 1030 to 1100 and we plan to have 3 races. The first will be a handicap race, the second will hopefully be a bit of fun and then we'll have a pursuit race. After the race we'll have a barbecue to replenish energy.

We've had 2 races already this year in Force 5, I hope there's some wind left when you come.

We hope to have our 3 Finns out, 3 or 4 Fireflies and a couple of Enterprises. Look forward to seeing you.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

It sounds like it should be fun - count me in with either Moth or Firefly, depending upon whether Kathryn would rather find a sitter and sail, or take the kids to @bristol...
I can safely say there will be no wind over easter (I've borrowed a Laser 2000 to do the Whitefriars open, and they are far more fun in wind, therefore...) but you never know, it might have come back by then! Just so long as we don't get even less than last year - it is difficult to breathe in a vacuum!
I hope the fun race will include a pint in the pub?
Rupert
Fireballer

Post by Fireballer »

Ahaa...
so Bristol is the 29th (April 2006).. all becoming clearer now - we got the boat ready to travel for next weekend (22/23) but it can stay that way for another week now.. We will be bringing Peggy No 178 in her new livery and paint job for her first outing. We decided that Bristol was probably not the best venue for the Fireball. Look forward to seeing you all.

Colin
last man

Post by last man »

I will be there so you are all sure to avoid last place lol Katomi has had a new paint job on the hull as well as a new centre board She too was all packed up for this w/e 23 rd but can stay that way I should be there early but I am calling to see some friends who are putting me up for the w/e so gota be socialbe and say hi before I come sailing See you all there Stephen AKA Enterprise Katomi
Getting as bad as the rest. Two boats and two tenders
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi hoping to be there with Finn
Al
last man

Post by last man »

Bad news folks someone else is going to be last Sadly I will not be able to make the weekend after all.
due to family health problems and problems also health related where I was going to stay I am not not going to be there a real
disapointment well good luck to the rest of you hope it all goes well
Stephen
Getting as bad as the rest. Two boats and two tenders
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sorry to hear that Stephen - I hope we will see you soon at another meeting.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Metcheck is giving us a lovely day but very litt;e wind.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Since when have you ever known an accurate forecast? More wind than last time, anyway!
Rupert
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Since when have you ever known an accurate forecast?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">especially for the docks in Bristol

could funnel down the gorge like a goodun (goodun = proper sailing term. In the same vain as smidge & tad):D
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Peter
Is the B.B.Q. a bring your own meat and burn it or is ita pay as you eat type? Please could you let me know.
Cheers Al
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

We will provide the barbecue and food, just bring a bit of money (small charge per item to cover costs)

Peter
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Are you using the Beaufort goodun scale or the one which is graduated in soupcons?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Please can we have the odd veggie thing for the BBQ, thank you! Any old fake sausage will do...
Last weather forecast I saw actually had enough wind to measure things in Beaufort, rather than the "is that wind on the water? oh, no it's a duck wake" scale.
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Rupert...how kind to offer yourself to be barbequed (odd veggie thing quote,unquote). What source do you recommend?
CU all tomorrow.
Chris