Hunts 2015

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Re: Hunts 2015

Post by Pat »

I'm sorry we won't make it this year, but we have to push on with the building works and get more demolition done so we can be officially rebuilding before the end of May when the planning permission runs out.
The camper is a builder's van at present, lugging around large white bags of sand, cement and suchlike - not much use to sleep on!
Hoping for a fine weekend for all of us.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
GAv

Post by GAv »

Hi Nessa I appear to have won a Lightning 368 on Fleabay.
It gives the address as St Neots, and if I can arrange to pick it up for the weekend, would it be OK to pop along to your club, have'nt even seen it yet, so hope it does'nt have the sub aqua properties of my last craft. Gavin
dronskiuk

Post by dronskiuk »

Been trying and failing with the pm system (undoubtedly my IT challenged fault!) - Is David doing the IYRU Trials talk on Friday evening please and what time if so?

Work and the world have got in the way for the weekend but would like to drive over on Friday if it's on.

Many thanks :)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

On the delivery system thread, DH says he won't be making it to Hunts due to Campervan troubles.
Rupert
dronskiuk

Post by dronskiuk »

Rupert wrote:On the delivery system thread, DH says he won't be making it to Hunts due to Campervan troubles.
Ah yes, thank you...stumped if not quite caught and bowled!
ptostu

Post by ptostu »

Hello all absolutely gutted can't make the weekend but had to fix my bus unfortunately this has took priority instead of sailing :( :(
Stuart
Decending into insanity or is it an addiction

Int moth
Magnum 8 k3920
Mystery skoll
Skoll and crossbones
Shelly mk2 2825
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

GAv you would be welcome to drop in, Er Indoors has a lightning, as does Mikey, so you can get tips etc as well as admire the boats!

The club will be open for campers, boat drop off etc, from 5.00pm tonight. If you're likely to be earlier please do let me know.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
GAv

Post by GAv »

Hi Nessa sorry I picked the boat up today, as the guy was only available very early doors ,Saturday and Sunday, and not till late on both days.
He was available today, but as I had'nt any staying over plans, I had to come back, as to forgetting that I had volunteered to help out with a Dissabled Dinghy Class Regatta ,at Wolverstone,
Thanks anyway.
Also perhaps it would be better to get some practice in a new craft first.
I had often thought that they look a nice little boat, Imageand advices,from more experienced exponents of the mark, would certainly be very welcome. Considering the first picture background was the scene of a couple of near dissasters for me on the River Stour.Image

Have a very enjoyable safe weekend everyone.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Thank you Nessa and everyone at Hunts for another great event. Bacon rolls in the morning, lunches ready when we come ashore and tea too is great.

The boat is now in the garage drying out so it can be repaired before Clywedog and I think the head's OK!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Nessa, thanks for being a wonderful host again, great day and good to see old friends.

Nice bit of wind haha, if a bit shifty....

Looking forward to the next one....
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Super weekend ,pub related injuries apart, Thanks to everyone concerned
Sam and Sally
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Thanks Nessa and Nicky for a great weekend. I especially enjoyed the fried egg roll for Sunday breakfast!

A little less wind and rain next time please.
Harrier 25
505 7163
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Thanks again to Hunts Sailing Club for hosting another cracking CVRDA open event and even the weather Gods smiled down on us for once defying the forecast. The PRO managed to use every corner of the lake with some "interesting" mark positions and the races were well run with a nice variety of wind angles to give every boat a fair chance.
We have grown quite used to the fact that some of the boats often breakdown at these events and the fleet gradually dwindles as the event progresses. This time, however, it seemed to be the sailors themselves that were suffering breakdowns of one sort or another with bad backs, cut heads and Rabbit hole ankle all having their effect. Let us hope that all have recovered from their injuries in time to bring the numbers back up for Clywedog and Roadford! Great to see a good variety of boats including Sam and Sally's very well sailed Albacore which sadly had to drop out on Sunday. The Moths are looking forward to recommencing our battle at Roadford so get well soon Sally!
A little less rain, but more wind next time please! Don't listen to the 14 lightweights!

Salut!

Ian M