which event should I go to?

Chat about CVRDA events
tomslade

which event should I go to?

Post by tomslade »

I would like to go to a CVRDA event this summer but I I'm not sure which one.
There is no chance of Citrene being ready this season, although Bosham might be possible if I get my finger out.
I just want to get the chance to look at other Peagaus boats or similar type ones so that I know what I should be aiming at with my mini restoration..
Which events would you suggest are worth making an effort to get to for an introduction to classic dinghys
alan williams

Re: which event should I go to?

Post by alan williams »

Hi
Any that you can get to and all if possible. A warm welcome will greet you were ever you go in the CVRDA. Welcome to a bunch of according to some sailors "bearded sandal wearing types" but that's only the Commodore the rest of us are fairly normal.
Regards Alan Williams
Pat

Post by Pat »

Bosham isn't actually organised by the cvrda although we support it and it tends to be more for the wooden boats.

Clywedog in Wales, our most beautiful location, is organised by Keith Rollinson, a long time Pegasus sailor and is one of the best for friendly gatherings in the clubhouse because it's the only place for miles around, but every event has its advantages.
Shearwater in Wiltshire will welcome you as it's the home club for several of us but being in a tree lined valley, it isn't really large enough to stretch out a Peggie's wings, though for a shakedown gentle sail, it's OK.
Come along as a non-sailor to an event if the boat isn't ready - post your intentions up on the forum and others will say if they are going or not and you could get a crewing job even!.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

Yes come to them all of course. Certainly Clywedog usually features a Peggy ( peggyball to be precise as some bits are ex-Fireball I believe).