Brightlingsea

Chat about CVRDA events
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

A very big thank you to Brightlingsea S.C. for a splended week-end . Good breezes, good courses of sensible lengths bearing in mind the age of the boats and the fitness of the sailors at one of the best Sailing Clubs in Britain (see the boards listing the number of world,national and european champions). Also really good to see people from the old Hornet days some who I have n't seen for 20years and just pick up the threads as if it was yesterday. We have all taken alot of pics of the place and hopefully will get some of them put up on the site. Please try and attend next year as we have been invited back.
Cheers Alan
Ps Dave if you read this please could you pick up my sailing gear which I left in the Club. It's a big lime and black flight type bag on wheels. If Jonathan is going to Fensham Ponds maybe he could take it down and ask Lyn and John to bring it back and I'll pick it up from them. Dave could you contact me asap about this. Also the wet suit will start to pong after a while especially as its been in salt water.
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Glad you enjoyed our humble little club! We will be delighted to host you all and more next year.

I am sorry to say, Alan, I will be in Italy during the Frensham thrash so cannot bring your bag. It might have to go Red Star or TNT or something like. If its ponging then the carriers may refuse to carry! I will discuss it with DC.
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

What a very enjoyable weekend.
Thanks one and all. Hope we did'nt cramp anybody's sailing as we appeared to be sharing a mark or two on a couple of occasions with the club boats coming at it from the opposite direction. Intresting.
Would love to make a return visit if invited.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Please could someone email the complete results to me (rupert@cvrda.org) so I can continue to tally the traveller trophy, thank you.
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Jonathan
Daves going to sort it out I hope. Have a good holiday in Italy.
Regards Alan
chris

Post by chris »

Alan and Jonathan.
If Jonathan and I coincide at any merlin event we could get your kit to Frome. I'll be at the Tideway.
Chris
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Chris
That would be great if it's possible.
Thanks Alan
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Now I think Team Brightlingsea is Tidewaying. However if the bag is humming then it will be resting on the roof or at the bottom of one of the boats.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Or the bottom of the Thames!!???
chris

Post by chris »

Alan
Try ringing Pat on 07774 640178
I think they were staying the week at Brightlingsea then possibly going to roadford in two weeks time . (We are if they are not) Otherwise Plan 'A' via Jonathan and the Tideway.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Is that Pat of Half Cut fame as I have to give him a ring regarding anchor!!
chris

Post by chris »

Yes, Pat (she) Sandy (Him)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Garry from my very dusty memory..... Pat Blake owned Half Cut...Presume we are not talking about the same Pat !!!!
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guy's
Pat and Sandy are picking up my bag and arranging delivery to Roadford for me. Thanks.
Al
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

They are going to be carrying a pile of stuff so I wonder if they could pop in past Aberdeen and take an old Merlin down with them ........