Frensham Pond SC - CVRDA event

Chat about CVRDA events
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

GP14 No.26 was out sailing at Frensham Pond today, and it reminded me that we are only a few weeks away from the premiere SE CVRDA event. Over the weekend of 15th/16th July we will be hosting you all, and this year an added attraction will be a special category for National 12's that meet the CVRDA qualification. Not sure Charles' old '12' will be ready, but I'm sure he will want to display it. As well as the usual FPSC suspects, at least one Int.14 is entered.

We'll have our usual informal Concours, and then one race on Saturday, starting at 14.35, and three on Sunday, first race at 10.30 (ish). Prizegiving and tea immediately afterwards.

The usual Frensham tea/dinner will be on Saturday, genial host Charles Smith in charge, and we hope you'll all stay for that.

Anyone wanting to stay at Weybourne Towers Campsite is advised to book early, Tel 01252 311982, or nick-carol@alderwey.freeserve.co.uk

Can't remember exactly what the entry fee was last year, £10, or something like that ?, but it will be the same. First class value.

Anyone wanting further details, contact me on the number above,

All the best

Nick
chris

Post by chris »

Looking forward to it, Nick. I can only do sunday unfortunately this year.
Merlin 6
Chris.
PS sold the nat 12 672 a couple of years ago!
Mark

Post by Mark »

We will be there, maybe with a 12, but more likely with a Moth (or two)
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Pat

Post by Pat »

Nick thanks for the info. I'll get the events page updated.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Having got the Finn on the water and that we are entering the world of tent ownership I'm hoping to do the Frensham event......can anyone supply details of suitable camping?

thanks

Neil
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
chris

Post by chris »

I can thoroughly recommend Nic Clibborn's garden - if he's open for business again! - fits three or four tents with the added bonus of good company and I'm sure world of Finns might feature in the conversation.

There is also a decent campite a mile or so from the pond but it was shut last year - don't know if it's open again. (Nice field shame about the loos!)
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Yep, the campsite is open, and Rupert (and Mark?) are booked in already. Open Friday and Saturday nights, so just give me a call if you want a space. 01252 311982, or nick-carol@alderwey.freeserve.co.uk
No charge for camping, all facilities available. Say of you want directions.

Regards

Nick
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Sorry, forgot to mention - Finn owners specially welcome !!

Nick
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Less than 2 weeks to go, folks!
Rupert
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

One slight change to the arrangements, not that it's important, but it gives me another chance to say be there - or be square ! The race on Saturday will start at 2.40, not 2.35. I forgot that we now have a separate start for 2.4Mr Paralympic yachts at 2.35. Temperatures yesterday well into the 90's for the Solo Open at Frensham, bottles of iced water at a premium. We're going to have a smashing weekend.

Regards

Nick
chris

Post by chris »

Nick, spoke to John and Lyn re. camping. I think they will phone you but the seem to heading for Clibborn Towers I think.
JimC

Post by JimC »

I'm probably going to drag the 1971 Cherub down, but I'll need to pick up a helm down there or sail singhlehanded, and I doubt the kite is up to any breeze...
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I have a 1974 cherub handicap as 96. As a base point does this sound about right? (surprisingly near a Firefly handicap, really!) You'd get some great additional points for originality, crazy masts, and the like...
Rupert
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Jim

I can fix you a helm, or a crew, whichever you prefer. Don't worry about the kite, I'll be sailing my old 14 kiteless, too, as it's too fragile to fly.

Regards. see you Saturday.

Nick
JimC

Post by JimC »

Going to run down Sun am if I don't oversleep. Had to do some maintenance to trailer wheel bearings today! On Frensham pond, with a pick up crew or none, largely untuned and with a dubious kite handicap will be completely and utterly irrelevant!