Frensham Pond SC - CVRDA event

Chat about CVRDA events
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

yeah I think handicap is pretty irrelevant for me most of the time too.

I am trying to get up to Frensham this year....but unsure if I will bring Firefly....an unsailed, but very old IC...or my 14. If it is the 14, then I will be crewless too...

still not sure at moment. I have got to get a trailer together too.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Light winds forecast, so you might not only get away with it, but fly, too, S/H in that 14 of yours, having seen how well you went in the ghosting stuff at Bristol. Sounds like we could get a great turnout, with plenty of pretty boats to distract when failing to spot windshifts!
Rupert
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Ed

It will be great to see you, but the IC might be a problem. We have a 16 foot maximum limit, and I think the IC is a tad longer. The Cadet fleet should be at Frensham this weekend, so I predict no shortage of crews.

Regards

Nick
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Fair enough.

The canoe is coming whether it goes on the water or not....the main reason I am coming up country is to pick it up.

I will see if I can get the 14 there.....but currently chances 50/50 at best.

If not....see you all at Clywedog

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Are Fireballs banned, at 16'2"?!
We have a 20' limit, so an FD would just be allowed! I'm sure we have had longer boats visit for the day by special dispensation, though.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

BBC weather giving 12mph north easterly for weekend for Frensham - ideal direction!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Strictly speaking Fireballs would be outside the limit, but we did make a dispensation for one at the Frensham Frenzy about 4/5 years ago. As it happened it blew old boots, and the poor guy on the trapeze earned his money big time. We would stretch a point again, as we do for Lark 12, but I'd like to be forewarned so I can defuse the inevitable comments from sea-lawyers.

Nick
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sorry Nick, just re read that last post of mine...it wasn't meant to sound as bolshie as it did -I was supposed to be working on a boat, but I had one of those wood snapping mornings where nothing quite goes right, so it must have got into my writing.
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Nick, Lois can't make the weekend at all now. I may come on my own with merlin 6. any chance of earmarking a crew please.
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Chris

We'll find you a crew, one way or another. You were only coming Sunday, does this mean you can do Saturday as well ?

Nick
andrew

Post by andrew »

Nick
Hope to bring Al 135 and a friend is bringing MR 2081.
Sunday only though.
chris

Post by chris »

Nick, I can only do Sunday anyway still. If there's a spare body around for a crew that's great.
Chris
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Yeah. We'll find spare bods. I'm looking for one at present for Chris. Anyone else ? Tell me now, so I can get at the Cadets on Saturday morning.

Regards

Nick
JimC

Post by JimC »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nick clibborn</i>
Anyone else ? Tell me now<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Cherub driver as mentioned. Lighter the better, but probably needs to have sailed a bit more than Cadets! Also needs to be prepared to sit on the shore if I think its too windy for the mast... (probably over F3 depending on how the gusts look.)
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Jim

OK, noted. I'll see what I can do. Don't knock our Cadets, though. They're better sailors than most of us !!

Regards

N