National Rally 2016 - Hunts SC

Chat about CVRDA events
Chrisrjwood

Re: National Rally 2016 - Hunts SC

Post by Chrisrjwood »

I'll probably be looking for a crew if anyone is interested?
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
v8deanoncvrda

Post by v8deanoncvrda »

I may well be looking for a boat Chris.
International Moth Blitz 2 3958 (work in progress)
MiniSprint MK2 'Scallywag' 7000
Leader II 1133
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Hunts usually has plenty of crews of various sizes and shapes to offer. I may have some spare boats, or there may be members needing crews.

Now the blasted Push the Boat Out is just about over I can focus on this and other cvrda stuff. Sorry to have been absent for a while, stupidly busy.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
roger

Post by roger »

If I make it I will need a planker
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

What, as a crew?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
roger

Post by roger »

yes as a crew. Life is all up in the air at the moment but hopefully I will be there with a Hornet of some description.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Provisional programme: two races on Saturday afternoon - early arrivals can use the de May race as a non counting warm up if they choose. Three races on Sunday, a pursuit on Monday morning. Visitors welcome to stay and so boat swapping etc on Monday afternoon. We can also provide safety cover in the evenings if people want to try boats then.

What I need to know is what people want to do on Saturday evening? Presumably we want to have the blink and you'll miss it AGM, but would people rather then go out for a mea - Indian or some such, or would you prefer a meal served at the sailing club? (We will be having a big barbecue on Sunday evening combining with club members.)

I have been thinking of something along the lines of doing a big pasta type meal in the clubhouse, with some puds, the bar open, and maybe encouraging your guys to bring your own instruments so we could have an ad hoc music/jam session? Alternatively we can save the music for Sunday and go out somewhere (with a good veggie choice this time)

I'm also thinking of doing an all in one entry for sailing, teas, coffees, lunches, as we did before. Does that appeal?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

It all sounds good to me! Staying in can be better than going out, when everyone just wants to chat and there's a bar.

One of the clubs on our travels sent out for takeaway Indian with orders from the menu taken and paid at registration and then phoned through and later collected for eating socially in the clubhouse. Very nice too and saved a lot of kitchen organising so worth remembering for other times.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
v8deanoncvrda

Post by v8deanoncvrda »

Yes, I like the natural touch.
Chat when you want, eat like a sparrow, drink like a fish.

What were we talking about again??

This event still in my diary and I'm still not yet sorted for a boat (unless Chris can say otherwise!)

To be continued...
International Moth Blitz 2 3958 (work in progress)
MiniSprint MK2 'Scallywag' 7000
Leader II 1133
Sticky Fingers

Post by Sticky Fingers »

Hi been speaking with a few sailors my club who are going think I will venture out on my first cvrda event it may as well be the national rally!! Will be bringing my newly restored N12 which is a China doll. Not got a crew available so if anyone is free to crew and don't mind where they come in the race I am happy for anyone to join me!!! will need to pay up my membership so feel free to empty my pockets!!!
Martin. N2708. Hykeham Sc.
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Nessa,
If we can avoid rabbit holes on Saturday night it would be good,. other than that we will just go with the flow. I like the "Eat like a sparrow drink like a fish " concept.
Sam
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

We have done takeaway fish (or not, in my case) and chips at the club in the past works well.

Like the one fee for everything concept, though the pricing for singlehanders v singlehanders needs to be worked out, plus one fee for all for non sailors partaking of food
Rupert