Staunton Harold in June

Chat about CVRDA events
Steve Bailey

Re: Staunton Harold in June

Post by Steve Bailey »

Peter, anyone
My crew's little girl has been taken ill so they cannot come after all, I have found another victim for Sunday but need one for tomorrow. Much obliged if anyone can jump in the old Alb for the day
Cheers
Steve
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Campervan ready, boat ready, Sally ready even I am ready! Unfortunately the dog has been taken ill and we may not get there. If we don't I hope everyone has a better weekend than I look like having
Sam
trebor

Post by trebor »

First day, good turnout, cvrda and minisails.

scroll through.
http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/aquab ... sort=3&o=0
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
realnutter

Post by realnutter »

Great pics, Rob... OK if I borrow some for my Y&Y write up?
Matt

Int Moth K2992
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Nice photos, Rob, thank you.

Big thanks to Peter and Jane for running a great weekend, putting heart and soul into it. I'm sure you will sleep well tonight!
Rupert
trebor

Post by trebor »

Hi Matt, no problem. I have put photo's in public folder, you should be able to just copy them.
Thanks to Peter and Staunton Harold people.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
giles

Post by giles »

Thanks to Peter and Jane for a lovely weekend largely due to their enormous input.Kate thought I had been abroad, it must have been sunnier than I thought.
Great to see all of the minisails especially the ones from abroad. I hope the trip back to Belgium goes OK.
I hope to see you at Clywedog.
Giles
realnutter

Post by realnutter »

I'll second that.. splendid organisation from SHSC. And wonderful courses set for all four races... Just a brilliant weekend!
Matt

Int Moth K2992
chris

Post by chris »

Many thanks to Peter and Jane and all the race team. Lovely weekend...even if boat failure kept me off the water for some of the time.
Chris
giles

Post by giles »

I got home and realised that I had left one of my thermos cups, the red one , somewhere at the club. I may well have reversed over it in the van!! or left it in the boat park. If found it is not a bomb but is probably full of tea, now cold.

Giles
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

It was a fine event, thank you Jane and Peter for organizing it and taking well care of us.
Not to forget all the CVRDA attendees for comforting three confused Europeans arriving on that special gray Friday (in a car with a Belgian license plate).
Greetings,
Ronny
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

It sounds as though we missed a great event although not through choice I hasten to add as I am in Germany on a course at the moment!
So I am hoping that the positive feedback and healthy number of entries might tempt Peter and the events committee at Staunton Harold into running it again next year?
It was one of the events that I was really keen to attend this year so I was very disappointed not to be able to come, especially as it would be a new venue both for me and the CVRDA.
Anyway I am glad it went well and that the Moths were still represented in my absence.
Finally well done to Rupert, Peter and the local Scorpion sailors who filled the podium places.
Hopefully they remembered to take their cups home, unlike Giles!

Best Regards

Ian

P.S. What did you break this time Chris?
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Results are on the club website and I've sent them to Sandy,

Image of all the fleet (I think), with Amy chasing Keith round the mark. I hope you all enjoyed the weather, I think we provided pretty much everything!

PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Steve Bailey

Post by Steve Bailey »

Peter
Thanks to everyone at SHSC for a fine weekend, must have been a race officer's nightmare weatherwise. Good to see local youngsters getting involved so enthusiastically too.
All the best
Steve
azimuth

Post by azimuth »

Thanks to Peter, Jane and SHSC for a very enjoyable weekend! Thanks also to Peter for help with Finn sail peculiarities and showing me how to its possible to swap boats with each other on the water without ending up in the lake!
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...