latest updat on NAts at Clywedog

Chat about CVRDA events
keithr

Post by keithr »

Below is copy sent for Pat to upload on events page, we are also hoping a feature on CSC will be in Y & Y late July early Aug.

CVRDA NATIONALS AT CLYWEDOG
AUGUST 25TH-28TH

You can be sure of a welcome in the hillsides for this landmark event

Camping & Caravan Facilities at the club ( come early or stay longer that’s fine)

B & B available at Staylittle Outdoor centre at end of Lake (5 miles)
Approx £15.00 B & B per adult. Private Guesthouses within 5 miles

Full catering facilities, snacks, homecooked cakes, drinks , evening bar

Great value We are looking at keeping cost down to less then £20.00 for entry/camping all in.
Programme of events Starting on Friday with an organised cruise, there will be a long distance race on Saturday followed by sail past & concourse competition with the main races on Sunday & Monday using 1965 PY No’s (with + or - adjustment according to state of tune) Pig Roast on Sunday night (approx £7.00) with the now famous Clywedog pudding selection ( subject to change )
Entry Qualification : The ethos of the CVRDA is simple. The class must have been designed before 1965, and the boat must be more than 25 years old to qualify. GRP is as welcome as wood and most of the boats have the sort of finish associated with boats which get used regularly, rather than dusted once a month. As 1965 is a key date for the association, it was decided to use Yardsticks from then.

Clywedog Sailing club was formed in the late 1960’s by a number of local sailing enthusiasts whilst the Dam was being constructed. The Club House was constructed by the then Severn Water Authority and a lease was taken by the Club for exclusive sailing rights on Clywedog in 1968. There was an act in Parliament passed forbidding use of powered craft (except for rescue/ maintenance and emergency) which is still in force today making Clywedog a very peaceful location for Sailing and Fishing(there is a separate club for fishing). The Clubhouse has been refurbished once since then and recently a major rebuilding project has been completed thanks to a NOF grant awarded jointly to Staylittle Outdoor Centre( who use the reservoir for their water based activities)and the Sailing Club. We now have a truly modern clubhouse with excellent facilities including changing rooms,showers,fully fitted kitchen, disabled services and storerooms . Our sailing season runs from Mid March to the end of October as being around 1,000 feet above sea level access is a problem during winter months.

For more details about Clywedog and location see our website http://www.clywedogsailing.org.uk
CVRDA Website http://www.cvrda.org.uk
Contact : Keith Rollinson Daytime 07768 992209 Evening 01686 640305 Email: [email protected]
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
keithr

Post by keithr »

ERROR ERROR

I put Pig roast down as Sunday and it is scheduled for Saturday, what do you think about appropiate music from 60's with dressing up in the style as well for the Saturday pm do???

Road tested new bar kit last weekend all great cool beer easy pouring.

Keith

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

1960's clothes? Most of mine are pretty old, but even I've grown out of everything I had when I was 4 or under!
The AGM is also on Sat night, but Ed can usually hurry it through pretty quick so it doesn't get in the way of the partying.
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I made my bell bottoms/flares into a mainsail years ago. The flower shirt was incorporated into a spinnaker and the beads joined together to jib sheets.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Having just taken my teenage daughter clothes shopping (now back to work to pay off the plastic!) I saw lots of colourful tiered skirts just like the ones I had as high fashion when I was her age.

What goes around comes around! Price labels were thoroughly 21st century though.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Mark

Post by Mark »

I still wear mine....."Peace man"
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Instead of everyone wearing 60's clothing, we should wear clothes from the vintage of the boat. I guess Chris and Lois would be in de-mob suits, and anyone bring a boat which is just old enough would have to dress as Bucks Fizz!
Hmmm 1959...I've not got enough hair for a quiff, so I can't dress a Cliff Richard!
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sounds good, I'd best find one of those skirts!

The Merlins do a fancy dress party where you dress as the name of your boat - we discussed going as a pair of drunks or Sir Nicholas De Mimsy-Porpington from the Harry Potter books.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
chris

Post by chris »

I was just going to say that I thought the 60's was a bit modern for us. But I have to point out that I am just younger than Iska by six years. However Lois and I are about to become grandparents which is very alarming. - Better buy a GP soon!
Chris and lois
keithr

Post by keithr »

I like the idea of dress to match the boat.

I shall have to get a red/green shirt!!!!!!

Keep the ideas coming.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Dress as the name of my boat??? But it's called Clockwork Prune!!!!
I will, however, be arriving/sleeping in 60's designed transport although my particular one is 70's.
Kool Bus.

Bye the way.I can confirm that the beer pumps are fully operational at Clywedog.Excellent weekend. Thanks Keith and all.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Alan

I had called my boat "Bag of Bits" some may say I always dress like the boat anyway.

The other name I conjured with was "Pegasorous" or maybe "lively lady" and I can find suitable dress.

I am going now before the censor cuts something.

:)

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If we bring Saskia, I would have to dress as a German lady, and if I bring Whippet, beer will have to be drunk out of a bowl...
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Well my boats called A Strange Affair could get me into trouble if I tried to conform. I'll stick to the usual fancy dress my sailing kit.
Cheers Al
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

¿¿ WizzGigg ??
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat