Meeting at Hykeham (Again)

Chat about CVRDA events
azimuth

Re: Meeting at Hykeham (Again)

Post by azimuth »

Hello, I'll be coming, will arrive sat am with the finn. Sorry for late reply, wasn't sure I'd be able to escape from work!
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Thanks Hykeham for a great event. It was good to see so many Moths having fun, and we really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and good sailing. Thanks Sam.
We don't seem to have many reports going to Y and Y these days, has anyone got any pictures and fancies doing a write up?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Just sorting through a few pictures and calming the dog down Report for y&y and this site to follow when I get round to it.
A pleasure to have you all here
Sam
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

A big thank you to Hykeham Sailing Club and Sam Mason in particular for organising the first CVRDA event in Lincolnshire and being the perfect host on Saturday evening together with Steve Sallis who also did a great job as Race Officer and part-time fish rescuer! It's a shame that for one reason or another several of the CVRDA regulars were unable to attend, but hopefully we will be invited back next year and more will want to come and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and great hospitality. I couldn't sail today due to a back injury sustained trying to get through the narrows yesterday, but still had an enjoyable day watching the racing and admiring some fantastic looking boats; especially the National 12 "Talisman" that really took me back to my crewing days at Trent Valley!
Well done to Peter for the overall victory in his Finn and to Lyndon for flying the Moth flag and winning the last race.

Best Regards

Ian and Wendy
azimuth

Post by azimuth »

Very enjoyable weekend at Hykeham, friendly welcome and good sailing, thanks to Sam and his team!
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Thanks to Sam and all the team at Hykeham for their hospitality, even adding the pretty blue Radox to the water so the moth fleet could swim in comfort!

Look forward to returning next year

Cheers

Lyndon
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Pictures now on Facebook Report sent to Y& Y .The report may not be super accurate due to lager induced brain fade
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Thanks Sam, good report!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash