Last event of the year

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Last event of the year

Post by chris »

Baltic Warf, Bristol.
Coming up, this is the last event of the year and is a fascinating place to sail.
Please make the effort to come and support this event to make it worthwhile for the club to put on. Unfortunately I'm working in Swansea that day so can't be there.
bornagainmothie

Re: Last event of the year

Post by bornagainmothie »

I'm looking forward to it, hope a few more can come and support Baltic Wharf.

Lyndon
giles

Post by giles »

I will be there. Not sure if it will be the Hit or make my day more difficult with the Swift. Hopefully more boats than last time? Giles
chris

Post by chris »

Please make the effort if you all possibly can. The success of these events ( and their continuing support by the clubs that put them on) depends on a worthwhile turnout.
We are a racing organisation after all which means a bit racing against each other. Thanks all.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Have a good event. I'm off to Mayflower Hornet reunion. Should be a boozy evening.
Regards Al
Pat

Post by Pat »

We'll be there as usual. It's the one day of the year I enjoy commuting into Bristol!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi

It is our AGM and as commodore I have to be there.

Have a good day.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sadly, I will be working.
Rupert
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Can't trust the weathermen! that has to be the lesson learned from Saturday in Bristol. 10-12 mph wind promised but we had mostly 0.
Baltic Wharf SC though, can always be trusted to welcome CVRDA visitors to their unique sailing experience. It was pleasing to see a good turnout of classics both home and visitors, and lots of support from the docksides.
A great selection of action photos are on CVRDA facebook page!
Thanks to all at Baltic Wharf for doing their best in most difficult conditions, and thanks to the Cottage Inn for excellent food and beer.

Cheers

Lyndon
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Yes, as Lyndon says we were somewhat let down by the weather gods with the lack of breeze although at least it wasn't as cold as the last few times we have been to Bristol. Sorry that I didn't get to thank anyone from Baltic Wharf SC in person for hosting us again and doing such a great job managing to complete two races in such difficult conditions, but thanks and well done anyway.
In spite of the weather there was a decent turnout and a wide variety of classes represented even though a few of the "regulars" were unable to make it this time .
It was nice to end the day in the pub enjoying a pie and a pint with friends.
Hope to see everyone at the first event in 2017!

Cheers

Ian and Wendy