Chippenham

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Post by Pat »

Can someone give me the details for Chippenham, including start times so I can update the events pages please.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

From what I hear you are far too late - you should have never stopped tacking from last year to get there in time!! There is a small picture of 2121 in the new Merlin magazine - I'm sure you saw it.
Mary

Post by Mary »

Hi, I will confirm details asap after confering with Mark C, but will be a morning race then 2 PM races probably, with BBQ lunch
Pat

Post by Pat »

With all the tacking practice on the Thames recently and the Avon at Saltford we might get there yet. Actually I'm hoping to get the Bobbin on the water, even if it is without paint as a 9ft boat seems just about right for Chippenham!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Mary

Post by Mary »

We might have a ditch at Chippenham but it is a big ditch, it takes at least 10 secs to tack cross, look on it as excellent close tacking practice.
Final programme is, 11am first race, pm. 2 races at 1.30 & 3pm ( or whenever we feel like it after lunch really)
Bacon butty (world famous, at least to the bounderies of Chippenham)& salad lunch available @ £3, numbers would be appreciated please.
Best of all WE NOW HAVE WATER, & A LOO, luxury as never known before.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'll be there, if only to try out the loo! Not sure about family yet - have you just the one seat?
Rupert
Mary

Post by Mary »

Yes
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

We'll have to try it out in turn, then. Have to go sailing while we wait!
Rupert
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

would a finn be too big for here?
Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Finn would certainly fit (though would suddenly look very big!) - I've raced against Finns on rivers - but may not be able to sail to handicap as given. I'm sure the race committee could be pursuaded to give a few points, though! The V shaped centreboard could even have an advantage over more modern shapes, as raising it a little for the shallows won't change the balance too much. Others may have differing views - Peter Vinton should be able to give the best advice on this!
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

One year I took a merlin and found I couldn't get the board down enough to stop me drifting sideways into the reeds all the time. But I know there ais a merlin at their club.
Mark

Post by Mark »

True Chris, Andrew Perrott and I had "Cold Feet" out for a blast up and down, took up an awful lot of river
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Mary

Post by Mary »

Cold feet out again last week,leaks repaired, now changed owner but not name, another Andrew, maybe so the boat won't get confused.