Thanks, Brizzle

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Post by Pat »

And I went out in the elements but didn't swim, enjoyed the pub's scampi and haven't experienced any after effects other than a desire to look at boats rather than work!!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I ate the veggie bangers and stayed upright, and have had no troubles - doesn't really help, does it! Did you all drink brown beer?
Rupert
Rich

Post by Rich »

Didn't capsize, ate Scampi, drank Bitter shandy, no ill effects thus far.
Rich
davidh

Post by davidh »

Clever of you Rupert - that was clearly the problem - the beer was

No 7 ale!!

A special brew to give Finn sailors the runs (where they normally capsize)

D
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Ah David

So that's the Unit - I notice we don't get a full frontal or beam-on of the pink bits. But looks as if you are getting the Milk of Magnesia in early!!!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry,

You bet I needed the Milk of Magnesia after that! I didn't think one could relaunch a boat without pouring a slight libation to the water gods but all I had in the fridge was an out of date alco-pop. I didn't think the Gods would mind me having a drop too but by the taste of it (alcoholic domestos) it was well past it's best.

Spreader position - half way between the hounds and gooseneck seems to be about right.

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The spreaders did look very long to me - was that to try and force some of the fullness out of the sail, or was that just the length they were?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Indeed it was. have found an Osprey mast that I might be able to cut down but that would still be longer than the present one - that would give a touch extra height between the plank and boom.

Spreader length only deflects shroud outboard by an inch or so (about what I'd normally set a rig up for) but the next move would be to sweep them aft to help try to induce some pre bend.

Watch this space for the Mk II version!!!

Dx
David H
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Thanks for that David - Will get the mast outside to somewhere I can do a measure up when the weather is OK - in Aberdeen that's about April. Plenty of time to look out for the spreaders - anyone out there got a set which would fit a Superspars bracket?
davidh

Post by davidh »

Okay Gary - see what happens when you make an observation like that!

A full beam on picture has now been added to the site. I was going to put on there 'as requested by gar...." but thought that not fair!

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Garry - sorry, forgot to say....Alan Williams said (on more than one occasion) that if you lopped off a few feet from the Unit you'd have a very nice Flying Junior. Now that's all very well - IF you know the Flying Junior!!

D

PS - have also added the Typhoon pictures, in fact the Typhoon now has it's own pages, is this the next big project????
David H
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guys
Back at work. Did not drink the beer as driving. Had the same meal as DavidH Steak Ale pie. Shona and Ellie are also ill caught it off me I suspect, Seonaidh had same as me , Ellie Scamp. Seems only common facture on all reports is that those not used to sailing in polluted water have the stomach bugs. Still serves me right for getting the JC knot in the wrong place.
Cheers Al
Pat

Post by Pat »

See news page for pix and results (may need to click refresh)
More photos going up tonight and I've a cd from Chris on the rescue boat to look at and put on too!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)