Latest date for Netley

Chat about CVRDA events
nick

Post by nick »

Sounds a go-er, book'im Danno ! No. seriously. We'll just take it easy.

Regards

Nick
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm now composing a letter to go the SWSA (Southampton Water Sailing Association) which is the umbrella organistation for all the area's dinghy clubs. The idea will be to invite classic boats from places such as Hamble River and Southampton - so there is a good chance of getting a Challenge along to the event, maybe, just maybe, a Daring!

So, as well as the usual crop of Merlins and Finns there could be a lot to see of the really 'lost' classes........

Watch this space for more news as well as 101 recipes for par cooked expoxy and honeycomb burgers!

D
David H
nick

Post by nick »

JPA

........just thought. Are you (and Mathew) planning on coming to Frensham in July ? Good place to practice.

Nick
Big-C

Post by Big-C »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davidh</i>
<br />Any Cats are welcome too (and it's only a short sail from Calshot in a C class.....)

D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
would be rude not to blast over from Calshot consider Emma Hamilton confirmed and hopefully Ocelot as well if Graham has finished the rebuild in time:)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

what with Units, Challenges, Wotnot, a Marlin and now C Class Cats Netley is shaping up to be quite the place to be! There is a Lark with a 2 digit sail number, an Albacore with a 3 digit number starting with a 1, variety may well be the 'spice of life'.

So to all you fashionistas out there, the Finn is SO last year! Get yourself a National 12, a Typhoon, a Beaufort or whatever and make sure you're there (not to forgetthe odd Peggie or two).

Big C- can always arrange for a rescue boat to shepperd you across - if they can keep up!!

D
David H
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nick</i>
<br />JPA

........just thought. Are you (and Mathew) planning on coming to Frensham in July ? Good place to practice.

Nick

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
July is rather unlikely :-( as its M's last few weeks at primary school and he will be in a leaver's production, plus its busy at WSC with courses and such... sigh! Will there be veggie nuggets (melted down ff keel would do) at Netley?
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi David
Regret cannot not make Netley as my only daughter Elsbeth is getting married at St.Davids College Chapel University Of Wales Lampeter on the 11th. It's a pity as I would have liked to be there.
I'm hoping to get across to Calshot sometime next summer to have a go on Steve's C cats so maybe we could meet up then. Cheers Al
davidh

Post by davidh »

Alan,

You'll be sorely missed though the sentiment 'ones less Finn to worry about' would spring to mind if it were not the festive season (peace and goodwill to all sort of thing!)

There will indeed be a full range of veggie options, the expoxy in the burgers just gets replaced with polyester!

They all taste the same anyway!!

Nearer the day - once I know who is coming and in what sort of boats I'm going to try to get one of the local old names (like, someone from the Merlins hey days) to do the prizegiving.

D
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sandy and I will be there, probably in Half Cut but Lark 40 may continue her 40th birthday celebrations too. Both on the double stacker is a distinct possibility.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)