Latest date for Netley

Chat about CVRDA events
davidh

Post by davidh »

Okay guys...........

all looking good for the 11th August, plusthe 12th with the club feelt if anyone wants to camp.

All happy that this is a 'go'!

D
David H
Mark

Post by Mark »

Great warm up for the Moth Nationals which start on the wednesday, and a tailor made excuse for doing badly at either event.... Saving myself/knackered....
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
davidh

Post by davidh »

You'd better not camp then Mark. Having a 50yd trip rfom the bar to the tent AND cheap ale (if the weather is going to be good {of course it will, this is Netley]we can do a barbie on the beach!) is NOT good preparation for a big event. I'm having "I shall not be blasted" tatooed on the inside of the eyelids....... some hope!

D
David H
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

mmmmm.....not so hot for me....Clashes with IC europeans in Scotland...and also a bit close to CVRDA nats.

but that don't mean it shouldn't go ahead.

I think it is really important to try and get an event on at Netley....and if then is when it is going to be....then so it should!

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Pat

Post by Pat »

We're up for that one anway!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Great news Pat...with a little bit of push and shove the Merlins could have almost their own event...... as the one and only Wotnot (the real wotnot that is) and a very early smokers are expected to be there PLUS... a Challenge! (My challenge is to get a daring there!)

Alan, we've a classic Finn and Ed.... can you really leave that single IC here to sail on it's own....sigh!

D
David H
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Excellent news, David.
It's now writ large on the calendar.
Role on summer!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sounds like one of the few events I shall get away from Whitefriars for next year, at least not in a (too young to qualify by a couple of years) Mirror with Charlie. I vaguely remember sailing on funny tasting water, though generally I regard salt as only being useful on chips, not wetsuits!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

You'll havethe pleasure of returning home, sharing the car with a wet suit that has been worn in salty water. Pray for nice weather so you can have the windows open! Will you be camping?

I'll be at the Club probably from the Thursday on so if anyone wants to come down early for a sail around to hamble - or just for a 'change of scene sail' it will be opened up.

D
David H
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

I'll start negotiating with family then.. Pegasus (with family) or canoe (by myself).
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Okay - any mistakes I've made are now 'permanent' as the 11th and 12th are confirmed. Any Cats are welcome too (and it's only a short sail from Calshot in a C class.....)

A marine phtographer is booker for the Sat, BBQ is the plan for Sat night...maybe even some music!

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Yes, I (we?) will be camping. Must clear all this with the owner of the diary...
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

We will definitely be there. Hopefully a Hornet of some description ( to Plank or not to Plank that is the question) Probably depend on forecast 140 is a little bit frail. If the girls are up for it again the gp may be in as well.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Roger.....

For your info, I'm hearing that the Hornets and Scorpions are sharing an open meeting 30th June - 1st July.

If you wanted to do both you could - and leave the boat here. Be warned though, I'm PRO for the open........ LONG BEATS!

D
David H
roger

Post by roger »

David thats a very kind offer. Unfortunately we have booked to go to Ulswater the week after the Hornet open for the Lord Birkett Trophy so will probably be in the camper in the lakes that weekend. I will bear it in mind if plans change.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353