Whitefriars 2008

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

At Monday's Committee Meeting, I asked about Whitefriars hosting a Peggie event and a CVRDA event on August Bank Holiday 2008. This has been agreed, so I can now cordially invite you all to come to Sunny Wiltshire at the End of August NEXT YEAR! Don't come this you, as you will still be a fair way from everyone else in North Wales!
More dtails to follow in about 10 months...
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks Rupert, good to have plenty of notice - some classes have already booked their 2012 Nationals venue!!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

http://www.wfsc.co.uk/fed/PICT0117.jpg

I hope it's only new boats that do this at Whitefriars!!
roger

Post by roger »

One thing is for sure its not as squally as Clwedog but not as picturesque either.

Rupert will you be getting a bike so you can be in five places at once like Keith...... 8)
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

That pic was taken at federation day at Cotswold sc, I think. It is a little smaller than Clywedog, and lacks big mountains, but we can still send you all down "the Cut" if you want to experience winds coming from all directions at once! The long distance cruise potential is limited, but there are places to sail to and go exploring - just on a small scale!
Rupert
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

hi rupert

what about camping?

sorry no cap and short lieing in bed

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

This is the first I've heard for this. It is traditional that Nationals venues are voted on at the AGM and all the membership decide on a venue. Im very pissed off that approachs have been made with out the membership being informed and will proberbly not attend as have not been consulted.
Fuming Al
Cats excluded as well.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I thought that it was a Pegasus event too - not the CVRDA nationals. I suppose that the Nationals could be held at a different time of year (or am I wrong). Certainly for the Scots among us there is no National August Bank Holiday and the schools are all back by then so you may exclude those from North of the border with kids (not me I hasten to add). Just making the point.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If you not want me not hold. I'm just offering a venue. If you decide at the AGM you would rather hold the CVRDA nationals somewhere else, we shall put something else on that weekend. If the Peggies want to hold a Nationals on a separate weekend, let me know when, and I'll try and fit you in, though you may have to share the water with club racing on the Sunday.
Alan - Attitudes like that will make the cvrda very short of venues for the future, won't it? Why should I go to the bother of offering to run an event if the moaning is going to start 18 months before the event? How many cats were at Clywedog, by the way?
Rupert
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

without wishing to cause offence or get to nasty, how many cats have ever been to any of the events, even it cat friendly locations. I know alan has a particular love of cats, and I'm not having a dig at alan AT ALL, but the bigger picture must be considered. Yes I do agree that maybe with the location being not catable (is that a word?) it should be voted upon, but to have a new venue 18 months in advance has got to be progress.

let's not all get silly about this and fall out, it should certainly be discussed.:|
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

o yea, also, it has been much discussed on the forum. the forum does seem to be theprimary discussion platform for the cvrda, so really all is good and being discussed.
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi All

I am about to get on my bike again!!!!!!!

In an ideal world we would arrange venue for Nationals at AGM but I seem to recall from memory that 2006 venue was undecided until Jan 2006 when we confirmed Clywedog and 2007 is much the same as we at Clywedog were the only club to put our head over the parapet again (willingly I might add). We should give Rupert all the encouragement we can, yes it may not be as big or roomy as Clywedog but it is a central venue and we should get some new converts.

It would mean Clywedogs 2008 meet would be earlier and Cats of any size up to 24ft are welcome !!!!.

Discussion and personal views are good but lets not fall out over it.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Ed, hope you are not too sick, I've never heard of an allergy to capital letters before!
As far as camping goes, we haven't as much room as Roadford, but there must be space for 25-30 tents easily, probebly more. Actually, camping is the main reason that if the cvrda does want to come visiting on the traditional Nationals weekend, we need to book the field early, before the camping and caravanning club boating group or a scout troop.
Rupert
Big-C

Post by Big-C »

(It would mean Clywedogs 2008 meet would be earlier and Cats of any size up to 24ft are welcome !!!!.)

Why draw the line at 24ft that excludes me!
roger

Post by roger »

Have to say that I think Rupert and Whitefriars have made a very generous offer and we should back him all the way. We cant expect Keith and Clwedog to keep coming forward (I think two years in a row is more than enough)and Roadford has its problems which have been much discussed in the past.
Every club has its downsides and I dont think we at Shearwater have the facilities to offer an event that stretches into a week for some.
Alan your point about no cats is noted but the only time we see cats out is at Roadford and as said previously none were present at Clwedog.
Whitefriars as I have said previously is just big enough for our nationals and would suit most of our regulars.
Rupert thank for stepping forward and if we need a vote lets have one online. After all the cvrda is supposed to be an online association.

ps I bet you dont get over 1.2 mllion votes like some government websites!!!!!
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353