Nationals 2007

Chat about CVRDA events
keithr

Post by keithr »

Press Release for Nationals, anyone with contacts can you submit for me please. See you all tomorrow, I will bring some posters.

CVRDA NATIONALS AT CLYWEDOG
AUGUST 25TH-27TH

Clywedog Sailing Club are proud to be hosting the CVRDA for the Nationals again in 2007, we will try and build on last years great weekend, all we need is slightly less wind than last year

You can be sure of a welcome in the hillsides for this landmark event

Camping & Caravan Facilities at the club ( come early or stay longer that’s fine)

B & B available at Staylittle Outdoor centre ( assoc with Clywedog S C ) at end of Lake (5 miles)
Approx £15.00 B & B per adult, family rooms. Private Guesthouse within 2 miles
http://www.dyffrynglyn.co.uk 01686 412129 Contact Mrs Janet Evans

Full catering facilities at the club, snacks, homecooked cakes, drinks , evening bar

Great value We are looking at keeping cost down to around £25.00 for entry/camping all in for the weekend. Camping/caravan extra nights £2.00 per person
a night
Programme of events Starting on Friday with an organised cruise, there will be a long distance race on Saturday followed by sail past & concourse competition with the main races on Sunday & Monday using 1965 PY No’s (with + or - adjustment according to state of tune) Pig Roast on Saturday night (approx £7.00) with the now famous Clywedog pudding selection ( subject to change ) Barbecue on Sunday pm
Entry Qualification : The ethos of the CVRDA is simple. The class must have been designed before 1965, and the boat must be more than 25 years old to qualify. GRP is as welcome as wood and most of the boats have the sort of finish associated with boats which get used regularly, rather than dusted once a month. As 1965 is a key date for the association, it was decided to use Yardsticks from then. Note for Pegasus owners, if we get 3 or more entries we will run the Peggie nationals in with the main races.
Contact Keith Rollinson 01686640305 email: rollinsonkeith@yahoo.co.uk

For more details about Clywedog and location see our website http://www.clywedogsailing.org.uk
For more details on CVRDA see Website http://www.cvrda.org.uk
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Pat

Post by Pat »

Thanks Keith - I've sent a copy to Magnus who does the Merlin website. Have also said we will calculate Merlin results on both cvrda and vintage merlin handicaps (yes I'll do sailwave) as it forms part of the Merlin vintage trophy series. Same to apply at Brightlingsea, Frensham and Shearwater.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

All being well there will be at least one Scottish entry this year - Gannet at this point in time. Booking a tent place for 2 (yep I have a crew with me this year) and arrive Sunday and leave Tuesday morning. Count me for the full Monty!!
roger

Post by roger »

posted on Hornet website. Looking forward to it Keith. We dont mind that much wind again.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
keithr

Post by keithr »

Thanks Gary and Roger.

I will keep trickling news on this event, still trying to think of a theme for social night.

You have been warned I can get devious!!

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Hi all,
We'll be coming along with the GP7358 She's not exactly pretty but it has got a new set of sails, and keeps me out of mischieve And if I get my finger out it may even be legal with a new set of floorboards. Looking forward to another good Clywedog meet.

What Gary? Got a proper crew this year?

I'll try and put the posting on the Budworth SC site... We have a GP2629 sailing there as well as a few Fireflies and Snipes.
Not sure who'll be crewing.... Could be even littler Dev, unless the winds are as strong as last year....

Theme idea
- Fictional characters from Sailing in the 20th Century? - Not much but best I can do at this time of night.

Alternatively, I'm told my wetsuit would have qualified for last years theme - Sailing clothes from 1969....

Hugh Devereux
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Keith,
Yep we'll be there for sure with ent and maybe ok aswell.
Only just put the ok back together after last year.!!!!
Theme for evening do, how about " castaways " ie. raggy old cut of jeans , ripped t- shirt etc. ( Rodney could come as he is Ha ! ha! )
If weather like last year may even get a shipwreck aswell!!!! :D
DJSpencer-Smith
chris

Post by chris »

Yup we'll be there - camping.
With Merlin 6, merlin 507 or Albacore1576. Please give precise wind forcasts now so I can decide what to bring!

Chris and Lois.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Thanks for all suggestions for theme I will take them on board, I like the Castaway idea we ran that a few years ago and it was a great success. Never seen a raggedy nappy !!!!!!!

We had an open day yesterday, mirror surface at 7.00 am and built steadily to force 5. Took the Peggie out with a brave volunteer trapeze artist and had a great blast until one of Clywedogs down drafts caught us out resulting in a swim or two and split hull so back to the barn for repairs.

I dont want this to put anyone off we really do get some nice winds up here just not when we want them.

Just added a wooden oppy to fleet, maybe I should sail that.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Sunbird
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

I hope to be there my crews got the time off work now i just need it i am probaly bringing the pegg but maybe the finn if its ready or both (anyone staked one boat on the other of this size on a single trailer?) Will be camping and hopefully it wont be too windy as i dont think we can hold here down in a gusty force 6

Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I've regularly double stacked boats on trailers, including ultra overweight uni GP14's. Finn on the bottom sounds sensible, and make sure you have plenty of padding between. A tyre (with cloth round to stop it leaving marks) on the foredeck, and a length of wood with carpet wrapped round it near the stern works, though you would need to allow for the camber of a Finn aft deck. And lots of rope.
Watch out for getting it all up the welsh hills, though!
Rupert