Trophys

and what is happening with the CVRDA today?
roger

Trophys

Post by roger »

If you have a Trophy please either bring it to Netley or pass to someone who is going. I have the plastic Duck but where are the others?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Trophys

Post by Ed »

We should be able to go back and work it out from the winners of last year.

However.....

I think that one of the trophy-cleats is missing - I suspect the 'old boat' trophy and we have been awarding the 'Fastest Boat' which was originally a trophy for the scratch winner, but then became the 'overall winner' and is now the 'old boat' trophy.

The trophy I would really like to see returned is the 'WingNut' award - given for greatest act of bravery/stupidity. I think this didn't turn up last year and it would be really great to see it back with us.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Pat

Post by Pat »

The bell (most travellers events) is gracing our living room. Remeber we decided to end the travellers' year at the nationals from now on so bring travellers' series trophies too.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I am working on a suitable trophy at present for the concours d'elegance event as this has not had a trophy so far yet probably involves the most work in winning it!!! I will try to get it ready for Frensham to pass to someone as I won't be at Netley. I have been a bit thrown by the realisation that I have only a couple of weeks to get it finished as the Nats are in July but will crack on this weekend and next week. Which reminds me that I won't be able to complete the Jules Rimet accolade of 3 consecutive wins for the long distance traveller. I need to know if the stand and copper nail has to be returned or do I hold it in perpetuity and a new one issued annually. Again I can bring that to Frensham if required.

Perhaps we can get Eddie Grundy to do the presentations!! After all the Archers was designed before 1965 and certainly over 25 years old!!!!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I still have the traveller trophy, as for some reason Dave Rollinson wasn't that worried about having a large part of a Souter 14 in his house, and I've not managed to see anyone else to pass it on. I shall be bringing it to Netley. One year I shall do enough events to qualify again. Maybe...
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Ok I have or know the whereabouts of The plastic boat award. The youngest crew award and the trophy for the Old wing. Where are.

The vintage wing one (Did John Gardiner win it last year ?)

The Classic wing??

Overall trophy? (you know the one that seems to stay on a Rollinson mantlepeice Davids last year I seem to recall).
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Pat

Post by Pat »

Looking back at results: (menu events archive and click the 2007)

Old and overall - David R
Classic Ray and Jacke Bailey from Budworth
Vintage - John and Lyn

What does the vintage trophy look like?- we need to talk to J&L anyway.

Did Chris get the wingnut? I think J&L got it the year before for their (non) buoyancy at Clywedog but I'm not certain.
roger

Post by roger »

Ray and Jackie are sending theirs back to me along with Ellies youngest crew one.

Pat/Chris could you chase J&L for the wingnut and the vintage please.

Keith can you chase David please.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353