Cvrda goodies and stuff

and what is happening with the CVRDA today?
Nessa

Cvrda goodies and stuff

Post by Nessa »

I seem to have offered, along with Er Indoors, to help pull together publicity and promotional material for what I will loosely call our class association. This act of rashness occurred at the AGM where there was a request for 'class' stickers, maybe t shirts and other similar fripperies.

Stickers obviously come in various shapes and sits with a variety of places for them to be stuck. Before I investigate coats, designs etc it would help me to know where members want their stickers to go: car, inside or out, boat, tool box, forehead etc. boat stickers clearly need to be waterproof, car stickers can be long and thin or square or round. So many permutations! If you have a preference please let me know, plus give an indication of what you might have to pay for such a thing.

Likewise clothing: most co mob promtional items are t shirts, sweatshirts and caps. T shirts are cheap but don't always last long, embroidered polo shirts are more expensive but last longer. Printed sweatshirts, with or without hoods, are usually good value. Again I need to know preferences for style plus an indication of what you might be prepared to pay. I will try to find the thread where we advertised the t shirts for 2013, these have lasted well and proved quite affordable.

Any other requests may be considered!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Re: Cvrda goodies and stuff

Post by Rupert »

I'd suggest going to Wave clothing, where people can order a design on the clothing they want.
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

T-shirt or Polo I would go for a dark (blue) coulor (more forgiving of stains etc. What I really would buy is a cruising burgee.(dinghy size, though generous.) Don't forget that a fair few of us also sail or cruise on bigger boats from time to time.
Michael Brigg
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

The most useful branded frippery I've got is a Finn sailing shirt that I use all the time. I'm not sure if you'd call it a rash vest as it's not tight but it's a breathable lightweight material with small holes in. I find it keeps the sun off ( long sleeves so you can roll them down or up), dries extremely quickly and is just perfect for wearing with hikers. I suppose this means it's too practical and therefore fails the 'frippery test'. Perhaps we should have a CVRDA branded tea cosy then!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Round windscreen stickers the size of the old tax disc? And possibly stickers for the rear window say 6 x 2 inches?

A burgee would be nice.
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
trebor

Post by trebor »

I have had printed http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk for my Aquabat and minisail.org.uk for my sprint, this is approx 14" long by about 2" high, white letters, no background, the letters are individual pieces, sandwiched between 2 layers,(you remove backing, stick in place, then remove surface layer, leaving perfectly spaced layers). Just replace with http://www.cvrda.org.
I also have 2 Wave clothing sweatshirts, Minisail and Barts bash, very good quality.
http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/aquab ... ort=3&o=24
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

With clothing there's always the issue of having cash tied up in stock - easiest solution is to get the artwork to someone like http://www.waveclothing.co.uk or http://www.oceanworld.co.uk/ so anyone can have the logo on the garment of their choice.

There were some nice @CVRDA stickers on the Rally flags - think Ed would have details.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Pat

Post by Pat »

Keith once did a Clywedog cvrda sticker with the flag and "Clywedog" on. Ours went on the lighting board/mast support to puzzle those stuck behind us - perhaps it was why there was always an Audi too close behind!
The flag with www.cvrda.org around it would make a good sticker.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I still have a supply of @cvrda ribbon I plan to use next time you all visit Whitefriars!

If we want to go for the 1950s sailing look, cvrda cricket jumpers.
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Probably the most important thing is to make sure they go up to at least 4XL to cope with our increasing membership profiles :D

How about baggy "Captain Spalding" shorts?
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

I don't like boat stickers so would prefer a car/camper sticker where more people would see it any way. Where clothing is concerned I would pay a reasonable price for a usable product. My experience of printed tee shirts is that they are unpleasant on very hot days and with my laundry skills they don't stay printed for long. As a fashion guru I would go for the embroidered polo shirt, preferably with a long sleeve option, every time
Fripperies.....My kind of word
Sam
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Nigel wrote:Probably the most important thing is to make sure they go up to at least 4XL to cope with our increasing membership profiles :D

How about baggy "Captain Spalding" shorts?
It will be like Finn events where I have to be first in the queue to get the only shirt that fits me! The Moth sailors would just have to use it as a tent!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

this is why the CVRDA should not hold stock. Let Wave or Ocean have the artwork, then people can order what we want in any size without the CVRDA or Nessa having a load of stock that's got capital tied up in it.

All for a sticker being available, but outsource the clothing.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
chris

Post by chris »

Car stickers rather than boat stickers is my preference too.
And yes Don't buy in a stock. Lois and I have had two boxes full of stuff once we couldn't sell, hard as we tried, and had to almost give it away.
Pat

Post by Pat »

http://www.crestofawave.com is another supplier we've used before fr Shearwater kit - used to be a member.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)