fixtures secretary

and what is happening with the CVRDA today?
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Is this position still needed?
What is involved in being the fixtures secretary?

Thanks Greg

P.S Hope I can be of help.
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hi Greg,
Unless anyone know better, the position still needs filling. The main thing it involves is putting together a programme for the open meetings. This will mean emailing the clubs who did it last year, and keeping an eye on any new venues which may want to do it, and then making sure the events are spaced well. For instance, this year we had Netley wanting to put on an event. That had to be fitted in around what the club could do, especially as it is tidal, and also the events on our calendar which were already set, like Brightlingsea and Frensham Pond. Other events, such as Shearwater and Baltic Wharf, are a little more fluid and can fit in to gaps a little more easily. Neil then was able to get us (I think?) a gig for Roadford, so we had to make sure Netley and Roadford didn't clash. Clywedog has kindly volunteered to do the Nationals again, so this year has fewer panics than last. One of your jobs for 2008 (so at the 2007 AGM or in the Autumn of this year if nothing happens there) would be to push the rest of the committee into making a decision on where the 2008 nationals will be. This all sounds like a lot, but can easily be done by email.
The other thing which is have are clubs holding non traveller series events, and events which are not actually linked to us but are of interest. For the last couple of years, Chippenham have run a small boat event, which may need slipping into the calendar again. And this year there is a lot of interest in running a classic dinghy series at Loch Tummel week in Scotland. Hopefully there is enough interest up there to make it happen. What is needed is support , advice and publicity.
Which brings us onto the final bit of the role. Y&Y run a fixtures list. This will need updating for this year's programme. I suspect DSM have similar, which I have not done in the past.
Hope I've not put you off!
Rupert
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Allright then ill have a go but i cant promise that i'll be great at it ill have a go untill the next AGM and we can review the situation then.

Greg
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Excellent! I'll try and dig out anything I can find to help and reply to your email.
Ed, any advice for Greg?
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Add to the job spec..... keep telling me any details of events so I can keep the website up to date :)
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pat</i>
<br />Add to the job spec..... keep telling me any details of events so I can keep the website up to date :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
ok! i have a list already in table forum of extras and the ones listed on the site. i will separate them to the ones that are not and email them on to you tonight.

Greg
Cherub 2646 Madge