Harrier on ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
angus

Harrier on ebay

Post by angus »

N2153, N2969, Merlin Rocket 3484, Mini Sprint
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi all,

its is mine. Trying to make room for a Finn. Any offers of help accompanied by large (or small) wads of money greatfully recieved. Grab a bargain....cheap as chips....etc.

Nigel
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi all,

I know you all be disapointed but the Harrier is now sold to a very discerning gentleman from Bath.

Now to find a Finn. Any advice?

Best Regards,

Nigel
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

Nigel,
this is an easy one as it depends on ultimately how much you would like to spend and how it is to be used.
Second hand prices vary from £150-£10,000 depending on what your aspirations are. The lower price will find you a Tiptree or Pearson to cruise or use for Cvrda events with a little tidying, whereas the top level International competitor will look for a post 2002 Devoti or Pata at the upper limit for a complete package.
A good allrounder which is only just starting to fall out of favour at international level but still makes a showing at nationals and is competitive at club level is the venerable Vanguard which can be picked up for between £1200-£3000 depending on its rig and specifcation and equipment.
The Lannavere is worth considering, as is the Mader and will be at about Vanguard money or less.
Early Devotti's are getting cheaper but still expect to pay above £3500.
There are boats about, try Boats and Outboards, Appollo Duck and the British Finn Assoc website.
When you have identified some thing of interest PM myself or Neil we can maybe offer advice.
Anther good club /CVRDA build to consider is the Taylor which is still pretty quick, especially downwind as Alan Williams is always showing us at Roadford.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thanks,

I see there is both a Mader and a Tiptree currently on ebay. (see next thread down). Is there anything about these I should specifically avoid?

Best Regards,

Nigel