Merlin for sale - suit enthusiast/madman!!

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

There appears to be an early Merlin for sale on the Merlin Rocket website - sail number unknown but for the DIY man it looks a good deal. Only £50 and this is with a trailer!!!!!

http://www.merlinrocket.co.uk/forum/adv ... asp?id=218
Mark

Post by Mark »

looks like another one for Chris !!!
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
chris

Post by chris »

Yup, following it up!! (for John actually, also following another with him) actually this might be the one for Neil if he can get it home without the bottom dropping off. It's no 615 appaerntly which is a Holt Martine design - probably his best design? Though the seller seems a bit unsure as he says it is ribbed which is unlikely if the boat number is correct.
There is also a merlin rocket Rocket design on ebay at the moment -quite an ealy one (ribbed).
Chris
chris

Post by chris »

Went to see this one. Would suit Neil as it is very unlikely to survive a journey even to the end of his drive.
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

Having just bought some "proper" bookshelves from eBay I have been told not to persue the dinghy bookshelf idea. At least I get some bookshelf space for the boat books - will give me a chance to start on the bibliography now.

The Merlin sounds like the early Hornet I once went to see. Before I got there it starts off being £150, then I get a phonecall saying that a small hole had been found so the price was now £100.
A day day later another phonecall, this time the damage was found to be a bit more than thought so I could have the boat for free as I would need to so a "few repairs" but the trailer was fine and I could tow it away.

So on arrival at the sellers house I have a quick look at the boat, put my hand through one side. Touched the bottom of the hull and a huge panel of ply falls out, kick a trailer tyre and it crumbles, the axle is broken and then I poke my fingers through the transom. This boat would never burn as it was sodden, but the owner was convinced it could be patched up.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
chris

Post by chris »

Yes,Neil, sounds just like that. The owner of this one did actually say we could just have it if we took it away. I didn't think it was worth the effort of chopping it up but now I think we should have taken it just for the mast and a few bits and pieces.
roger

Post by roger »

Niel taht Hornet sounds familiar except mine didnt star falling apart till I got it home.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353