Pegasus ?????

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Southern377

Pegasus ?????

Post by Southern377 »

Over to you experts as the deck is missing.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bargain-dinghy_W0 ... otohosting

Regards.

Alan.
Rupert

Re: Pegasus ?????

Post by Rupert »

Looks like a 14 to me, therefore no deck to be missing.
By the way, does anyone else find that when linking to ebay, you loose all contact with the cvrda site, and if you click on back, end up wherever you were before going to the cvrda site at all?
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rupert you've just put both things I was thinking! Ebay links are so annoying.
JB9

Post by JB9 »

If you place the cursor over the link and then right click you get the option to open in a new tab otherwise you loose the CVRDA website!
Harrier 25
505 7163
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

If you want me to I can hack the code to make all pasted-in links open in a new window.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
davidh

Post by davidh »

I too think that this has a strong look oof the 14 about it - with the exception of the bow!

Now I'm really racking my brains as there was once an attempt to do a glass 'one design' that was based on the 14 (much like the MRX, or even the RS 400 has more than a passing resemblance to a Merlin) but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was called!

Looking at the detail in the picture suggests though that the boat, whatever it was, was originally rigged as a high tec flyer; note the twin compases mounted in the dropped foredeck.

A shame it is in Glasgow though - running a real tape measure (not an ebay one) would be interesting - which also suggests another point there, the seller seems adamant that it is 14' 6".............................

D
David H
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes please Neil, provided your padded finger can manage the keys!
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

OK, I'll try and change the linking tomorrow
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Rich

Post by Rich »

Rupert wrote:By the way, does anyone else find that when linking to ebay, you loose all contact with the cvrda site, and if you click on back, end up wherever you were before going to the cvrda site at all?
I don't have this problem on my work laptop or home desktop but then I use 'Firefox' as a web browser on both computers, not sure if this is why?
Rich
Southern377

Post by Southern377 »

I too use Firefox on both desktop & laptop and I too have no problem returning to the forum from any link visited.

Alan.
Pat

Post by Pat »

IE6 at work 7 at home, problem definitely with 7, maybe with 6 but can't test as ebay is banned after a contractor abused the privilege and spent too much time running his ebay shop from work!
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Oh, that is a nice challenge!

And quite a good looking boat....I wonder....will have a look in books and see if there is anything, but this looks a bit too modern to be in any of my reference.

Incidentally....have no problem with going too and fro with Firefox 3

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
hayes

Post by hayes »

Definatley NOT a Pegasus however much modified. Hull shape wrong and too wide at transom.

Cheers

Andy
Keeper of Pegasus records
Pegasus 1
Pegasus 81
Merlin 3474
Gibsea 282
hayes

Post by hayes »

PS Note to self. :oops: I must try spelling things right before posting !!!!!!
Keeper of Pegasus records
Pegasus 1
Pegasus 81
Merlin 3474
Gibsea 282
davidh

Post by davidh »

I'm still racking my brains on this!

I know what it looks like - but then, all one can say is that "no, that's impossible, only one or two were ever made".........

As per my earlier email, the bow aside it looked very 14 ish. That got me thinking! Donkey's yonks ago, back in the days of the IYRU and when a skiff was something John Dorymen when fishing in....... there was a plan to make an open class, like a 14 but twin wire, bags of sail....... conventional spinnaker.

Some boats were made and I'm sure that an attempt was made to produce a glass version which would be a new 'class'.....but it bombed.

We're talking late 60s, maybe early 1970s - and I've a got a blank spot when it comes to the name. Jack Knights sailed one though and reckoned it was a vision of the future.......and seeing how it is a step towards the skiff idea of forgetting wetted area and instead going for broke performance wise, he may well have been right!

D
David H