Classic FD

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Brookesy

Classic FD

Post by Brookesy »

If anyone is interested there is a very nice mid sities cold moulded FD in very original condition posted for sale in the Y&Y Classified under £1k. I went to look at her in Torpoint last night and was impressed by her condition, she is ready to sail now, recently painted and varnished with two suits of sails, a good road trailer and boom up cover.
In very good, time warp condition and solid with no signs of rot a little further detailing could lead to a future cvrda concours candidate and of course that unbelievable performance.
The FD register lists the boat as mid sixties, home finished by a Mr Beatson of Holy Loch with rolled sidetanks. Clearly it will not be competitive in a modern FD fleet but would that worry anyone.
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
davidh

Re: Classic FD

Post by davidh »

Hi there Brooksey,

What a shame it is a bit on the 'modern' side! Are there any Fairey FDs left around. I was looking at a picture of one the other day and thinking..... yes, perhaps maybe - or would I prefer a Fairey 505??

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi there Brooksey,

What a shame it is a bit on the 'modern' side! Are there any Fairey FDs left around. I was looking at a picture of one the other day and thinking..... yes, perhaps maybe - or would I prefer a Fairey 505??

D
David H
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Talking of 505 s- I have a confession - just bought one on ebay, not sure of age though it is 25 + years. Before anybody gets worried J9 is staying with me for some time yet. I just really like the 505 and there is at least one more at the club.
Harrier 25
505 7163
andrew

Post by andrew »

I agree mine's a 505.

Has anyone seen a Fairey 505 recently ?

Does anyone have any pictures ?

Only seen one under a tarp 2 yrs ago in a boatyard in Emsworth and about 3 yrs ago the rotting remains of one appeared on ebay.
Brookesy

Post by Brookesy »

I've not seen a Fairey FD either, but I should add that the one that started this thread is very original with no chute, tufnol cleats etc. so is from that point of view unspoilt, and bearing in mind is only nine boats earlier than the original Gold medal winning Pattison boat, is much more traditional with very basic controls.
If I was allowed I would, but I would lose some vital body parts once she found out !!!!
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
FDGorilla

Post by FDGorilla »

Yes but unlike Rodney's Superdocious this one probably measured...

Would be lovely but a) I'd pull it apart and b) Jules would kill me!

If someone buys it, I'm always available for advice and assistance on set-up etc. I think I can remember how FD's work....
I may not be very clever but I can lift heavy things

Finn GBR75