hornet on ebay with story

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
DavidC

Re: hornet on ebay with story

Post by DavidC »

Don't tell them Just let me know and I will be there. I promise to let you steer!

2047 looks good at the reserve price if you want a sorted boat with new gear and a combi but the buy now is a bit over the top.

Inter club team racing was a big thing at one time. There are several Hornet trophies in the Colne Yacht Club from races between them and Clacton Sailing Club and there were other with Brightlingsea SC.

The name Izzat rings a bell but I can't think exactly why at present. I will have to ask. The East Coast-South Coast rivalry goes back a very long way to the turn of the 19th/20th century so nothing new. Then it was between the crews of the big yachts and it has just carried on working down ever since. You owned a big boat and the choice was a Clyde crew and South Coast crew of one from the river Colne villages. It is nice to see traditions continue :D :D :D :D
roger

Post by roger »

roger wrote:David I took the liberty of posting your post on the Hornet forum and this came back from Tom Guy.

looking at my database unless one of the Aussie boats has made it way back it's Gingernuts:

2041 Goodwin Revo Wood

2042 Goodwin Revo Wood

2044 Hullabaloo Wood

2045 Wood

2046 Ginger Nuts Baker Mk1 Wood/GRP Composite

2047 Wood

2048 Australia Ipi-Too

2049 Australia L'Intercepteur

There were a few other Baker Mk1's including Bill Plenty's "Peace and Quiet" 2059 which included kevlar in its construction.

Anyone remember the sticker "you can do Plenty in a 420" it seemed rather apt when we used to share the Warash open with the 420's.....
Interesting that Toms records say this boat was wood. Vendor says she is composite.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Looks like it is back on ebay at an inflated price. Timewaster or caveat emptor?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HORNET-16ft-Saili ... 240%3A1318

Nigel