Marauder on ebay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Nessa

Marauder on ebay

Post by Nessa »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mirror-Marauder-s ... 286.c0.m14

Because I like to live dangerously (and have just sold the MOGO, so have a fictitious 'space' in the fleet) I have put in a not very high bid on this even though it looks to be in a parlous state.

I have fond memories of the previous marauder I had (till I put a foot through the floor :cry: ) which I sailed for a very brief while on Shearwater.

That she will kill me is a given, but have I done a foolish thing in terms of the restoration required?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nigel

Re: Marauder on ebay

Post by Nigel »

Hi Nessa,

difficult to say without seeing it in the flesh but it sounds like a fair bit of work. The end price will probably be very low but there is also the cost of collecting from Cumbria.

My advice would be to check everything very carefully before spending any more money. If it is not viable, you should get all your money back selling the bits but the worst result is spending loads of effort and money and it still not being revivable.

Good luck though :)

Nigel
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Well, I won it for not much money. Now I must venture North to the Lakes to collect it, then it will live in a barn in Herefordshire until it reaches the top of the queue. In the meantime, any marauder info, especially pics, very welcome.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
roger

Post by roger »

Congratulations Nessa. We had one at Shearwater a few years back. The last one I saw was at Sutton Bingham SC near Yeovil a couple of years ago. I chatted to the owner who used to be chairman of the association. You could try emailing the club and see if you can contact him. I am sorry i dont know his name or any further info.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
DavidC

Post by DavidC »

Hi Nessa

Send a pvt to David H I am sure he will be able to give you chapter and verse as it is one of his special boats :D