Harrier No. 10 FOR SALE - Update

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Silverwood

Harrier No. 10 FOR SALE - Update

Post by Silverwood »

High resolution pictures now available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamrbirch/
As the previous thread has been closed please keep postings on subject for a "For Sale" posting - I suggest any general discussion of the Harrier is moved to "Boat Chat" !
Graham
Nigel

Re: Harrier No. 10 FOR SALE - Update

Post by Nigel »

The original mast on mine was a black untapered stiff thing.

Nigel
davidh

Post by davidh »

Graham,

I was looking at your pics and thought "thats porchester" - but then I'm the same person who got the interiors of the Mk XV merlin and a classic Five -o muddled.

But am I right in this case and is this where you hail from?

Think the boat looks the biz!!

D
PS... if that be porchester then we really ought to try for another classic meet in this part of the world - we have the good Dr. Briggs, yourself and others in the Solent catchment area.... maybe the classics would like some more salty stuff!

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Graham,

sorry about the 2nd email - I've just been rereading the first thread.

I have a sneaky feeling that were you to upgrade the rig (sympathetically and being mindful not only of the rules but also of the comments Keith C made on here) then you would find that you would have a lot more power than you get from the rig now. As with a Merlin, this is a boat that has to be sailed upright......although 95kg is heavy, at both Whitefriars and Bough Beech you would have been dumping power upwind!

D
David H
Silverwood

Post by Silverwood »

Yes, definately Portchester. Roger Cole - who has raced Merlins and an OK at various CVRDA meets - is also a member. Rig comments noted but the boat is being sold "as is".
Graham
Silverwood

Post by Silverwood »

Boat now on Ebay........
Silverwood

Post by Silverwood »

Boat now sold and on its way to Beccles in Norfolk. New owner is intending to keep the original rig for a "gentler" sailing experience.