Yonghy Bonghy Bo

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
jpa_wfsc

Yonghy Bonghy Bo

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Optimist, 76

Not quite sure how old - but old! 76 would have been late 50's as the Oppie only started getting numbers then. But the number might have nothing to do with the boat! We did have another sail with the same number which suggests the number does link with the hull. Mice got that one though! The hull has no number or makers plate, but the mast foot block has the name "HALL" carved neatly in.

As the children have grown out of her she is very sadly for sale.

As the children have grown up she has been neglected for a year. Kept outdoors, but under a watertight cover, the gunwhales have weakened and need gluing / filling. There is also a bump on front corner that can probably be fixed with filler.

The launching trolley was of the plastic pipe type. The pipe has gone brittle so the trolley disintegrated, but the wheels and axle are there so a quick visit to B&Q and a replacement could be made easily.

Pictures -- http://www.stcassians.co.uk/gallery/sli ... umName=ybb

cvrda get first bite at this - she will go on flebay in two weeks time. No reasonable offer refused.
Last edited by jpa_wfsc on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
MartinH

Re: Yonghy Bonghy Bo

Post by MartinH »

While on the topic of old Oppies does anyone know if they used to have "OP" as the class insignia before the combined I and O? When I was a Sea Scout in the early 1970s our Troop had two Oppies with OP on the sails and sail numbers, if recall correctly, 83 and 86.
Martin
Grad 2146 FOR SALE
JimC

Post by JimC »

Something to be aware of with Oppies and anything else that might be club owned is that they can come with "Fleet numbers" on the sails rather than hull numbers. It can get confusing...
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

MartinH wrote:While on the topic of old Oppies does anyone know if they used to have "OP" as the class insignia before the combined I and O? When I was a Sea Scout in the early 1970s our Troop had two Oppies with OP on the sails and sail numbers, if recall correctly, 83 and 86.
Yes, they did in Britain. I believe other countries had different ones, too, but they went standard at some point. Poss early 80's, but could be very wrong on that, as usual...
Rupert