an early MR?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
GAv

Re: an early MR?

Post by GAv »

I know the National 12 was originally designed for the Royal Harwich Yacht club as a one design and have seen races with the 14 therein too, which was also by Uffa Fox(I think).I hadnt heard of Kingfishers being built at or near Ipswich, so that would be interesting too, being near to here.
Having aquired a 1957 Merlin Rocket earlier this year and being keenly interested in the History of the mark, may I ask at what age is a boat acceptable as Vintage or Classic, as the latter seems to have encompassed many fairly modern vehicles in that complementary sphere of hobby activities, (something else I was quite heavily involved with, prior to taking up sailing again following a 30 year gap), and Ed you state that the Kingfisher wouldnt be CVRDA fodder?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Gav, the qualifying rules are thus: Vintage - stuff with ribs and rivets and all that sort of stuff! Classic - designed and built before 1965. Old - designed before 1965 (as a class) and built before 1985. So a 1957 Merlin would be a Classic.
Rupert
GAv

Post by GAv »

Thanks very much Rupert for explaining all that