Various rudder bits for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rupert

Various rudder bits for sale

Post by Rupert »

Having a little clear out - thought I'd see if anyone wanted stuff before braving ebay...

Europe rudder stock and riveted tiller (no extension) - M&W folded ali expensive type, in pretty good nick Pintle distance 135 mm, top bearing surface to underside of tiller 35mm. £50 ono

Cast GP14 (or similar) stock - the sort with spokes - OK condition, strong as anything. Pintle distance 319mm, top bearing to tiller 47mm. Free blade if wanted, needs regluing. £10.

Straight Ash tiller that could easily be made to fit the above stock, 114 cm long, £5

2 more Ash tillers, straight, 104 and 94 cm long. £5 each.

Cranked tiller and wooden extension, 99cm long, £5

All in Purton, just west of Swindon, can be posted at cost, but that might be as much as the price in most cases.

PM me for any more info.
Rupert
davidh

Re: Various rudder bits for sale

Post by davidh »

Rupert

The GP 14 style rudder stock - can I put my name down for that please?
I'm sure that we'll hook up soon - either the show or Bristol Avon (I'm just thinking of causing total chaos by trying to sail the NLC on the River - that would give supercrew Jon something to think about!!)

Cheers and many thanks

Dougal
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hi David,

Sorry, another David has already PM'd me about the GP14 stock. If once he has seen a photo he isn't interested after all, I'll let you know.
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

David I may have a gp14 stock (wooden one) and rudder.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
davidh

Post by davidh »

Roger...thanks - but I was after one of the alloy spoked ones!

I'll need a BIG rudder on the New Lost Class.....BIG I tell you, BIG!

By the way Rupert, tehre are now 3 Minisails on fleabay - have you been breeding little GRP boats from your wooden one?

Cheers

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

David (Henshall) - David has decided that the stock is too long for his needs, so it is all yours if you want it. email with pics sent to the bearface account.
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

great news - I'll go and have a peek!

I know that this is in the wrong 'stream' butr as we are on the subject of rudders....will I get away with a fixed rudder on the Merlin at Bristol Avon? This could have a big bearing on what I do with the ridder you from you!

Cheers

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I used to have a fixed Firefly rudder there, but that is only about 600 mm under the water. A very long Merlin blade could be a problem.

I'd have thought this stock would be too long for a Merlin transom?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

ahaahahahah Rupert - that would be the mistake of assuming that the stock is for a Merlin.....

Thanks anyway - will start a new thread about Bristol.

D
David H
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Rupert,
I got your reply to my email about the Europe rudder stock then put 2 and 2 together and realised that you were the same Rupert I had read posts from on these forums. Anyway, I am definitely interested and I am not far away in West Oxfordshire so it should be possible for me to come across to Purton to view/ collect sometime in the not too distant...Let me know when it would be convenient for you and we can work something out. I am away at Rutland this coming weekend, but apart from that nothing major planned.
Regards.

Ian M
Moths 2883, 3887, 4012 and 4015
Europes 294 and 364
MR 3097