Various boats and gear for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
solentgal

Various boats and gear for sale

Post by solentgal »

Due to an unexpected (and rather exciting) phone call today, it looks as if we will be relocating sooner than I thought....not sure how I feel about it yet, but it could be a good thing.....so I am going to take the plunge and sell most of my little fleet...... :(
The ones for sale are as follows:

Fireball 573 all original and sound, not fitted for trapeze or spinnaker (never has been)...needs paint stripping and re paint and varnish. Easy project, complete with all gear. £100. There is a trailer available, but needs a bearing/hub sorting before use so you'll need a trailer to move it. I want £30 for the trailer as it is, if it's needed.

Mirror number 36, lots of character!! Could be useable quite quickly with a repaint/varnish and a little TLC £100.

Europe K11, grp hull with a mast, sail, boom, rudder, all fittings (I think) and a spare Roland hull that would be lovely when restored. I was going to sail K11 while restoring the Roland hull. £200 the lot.

I think the Pacers below aren't CVRDA eligible (designed just too late, but still in the spirit?)

Pacer 105, wooden, stripped, fairly sound and definitely useable with some work complete with all gear I think, but no trolley £65

Pacer 1700(ish, I think) GRP with all gear, (inc spinny) and basically quite sound. The wood trim had all rotted off, so I stripped it off, kept the bits as patterns, and it is a fairly simple task to put it back together with new wood. (Will need centreboard too) £100

Also 3 cheap 420s available, and a Lark (not so cheap!) oh, and various bits of Merlin, an Enterprise mast, a variety of sails etc.

(I'm keeping the ToY and Europa Moth, in case you're wondering)

I have pics of them all, and can take more. Please PM me your email addy if you want pics (although you can see most of them on various posts of mine on here)
I am based near Portsmouth if you want to view.
Sami.
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Various boats and gear for sale

Post by Ed »

Oh come on.....

you can't leave us on tenderhooks like that....

where are you off to?

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Ah....well, my other half has just taken a job that is currently in Bristol......but she's just been asked if she would like to move around fairly often as part of the job, so we have a choice of either a central location, so that she can travel home easily at weekends, or maybe we'll settle when we find somewhere we like, and she can settle in the job. We could even stay somewhere in the south, but would still need to move house really.......and to be honest, I fancy downsizing and losing my lodgers.....profitable, but a pain in the bottom most of the time! Unfortunately that will also mean less boat space......but I really ought to focus my efforts anyway, so maybe this is a good thing really.
I'm going to ask a question re sailing locations on another thread actually, when I've thought it through a bit, .......... :)
Sami.
Pat

Post by Pat »

The advantage of Bristol is the proximity to the M4 and M5 - you can get around the country quite quickly from this area. And if you come "up near Bristol" you won't be far from the cvrda crowd at Shearwater (near Frome) or at Whitefriars (Cotswold Water Park) or the members at Bristol Avon (Saltford) and we also sail at Bristol Corinthian (Cheddar) for a big pond. You'll be welcome!
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sami...

don't do it..... you'll end up with straw in your hair, a liking for pasties and cider and you'll start using words like 'Brizzle'.

Most people dread that point in life where you start watching Montel Williams on daytime TV but that move westards is worse. Move down there and the next thing you know you'll be making nice comments about Finns - and worser - Finn sailors!

D
David H
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Thanks guys......I'm moving this to "boat chat"......."inland v tidal" as I need some info please. :)
Sami.
cweed

Post by cweed »

Sami.
If you move you'll be misrepresenting your tagname.
Perhaps 'Avonlady' fits?
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Hmm, yes, hadn't thought about that........but I'll always be a Solent gal in spirit, so maybe that counts? :wink:
Sami.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I would like the Europe and stuff. Bristle is gurt lush, I would say avoid sailing at cvlsc but they have such a long waiting list you wouldn't get in till the next century anyway. To be avoided unless you sail proper boats and race properly....like I used to when I sailed there. All the other places mentioned are much nicer.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sandy won't even go to Chew again as they were extremely unwelcoming when he and a friend went there once as potential members. It's all Laser squaddies and skiffy things these days anyway AFAIK.
martin hunter

Post by martin hunter »

hi I see that you have some merlin bits available, please send me an email
at [email protected]
Martin
chris

Post by chris »

Martin I have some merlin bits and pices too. Centreboards, Rudders, a deck step mast wooden boom.
cweed

Post by cweed »

Sami..
I saw the ad. for your fleet on Boats and Outboards but you've now decided to part with the TOY. I'm sure that some readers here will be interested?
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Everything bar sail pickup only North Essex, no visa needed, grockles welcome.
Keeping all remaining parts circa 02/04/2011
Last edited by GAVinT on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

cweed wrote:Sami..
I saw the ad. for your fleet on Boats and Outboards but you've now decided to part with the TOY. I'm sure that some readers here will be interested?
The ToY ! Good point, thanks...........I'm not in any hurry to part with the ToY yet, as I'm hoping to get a few days out in between packing up the house, health permitting (not at my best at present and a bit vague (meds) so forgive me if I don't get back quickly to anyone who enquires re my boats)..........that's assuming the Auctioneer/valuer gets of his a*se and gets us listed.......I need to get the fleet gone by around May 1st as that's when they'll take all the pics of our nice neat (ha ha ha) garden. I have done a sales list email with pics to send out to anyone interested, as I have also advertised on B&O, .....so I'm out there today trying to update pictures.
I think the ToY will become available at some point, as I can't think of anywhere I can store anything bearing in mind the cost of fuel to move things around the country.......we won't be able to tie our house sale/purchase together as we are hoping to sell via auction.....and there's a good chance our new place will be very small :( (the things we do for love, huh!)

I'm also finding other bits as I go through the shed/garage/undergrowth.......... decent wooden GP boom, varnished Wayfarer (I think) rudder blade....and I'm sure there are other things.

Gavin, you're fine, my toes are intact :)

Oh, and cweed,..... Avonlady...... :D sorry, only just got it (I blame the meds)......very good, a bit inappropriate in my case......eyeliner is the most you'll ever see me in, :lol:
Sami.