Sliding Seat but what is it

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

This is being sold as an International Canoe. But it isn't
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/International-Can ... dZViewItem

Sail insignia could be a Unit?

Any ideas?
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Unit featured on Ed's quiz last year, and someone back then said they wanted one! Now is your chance! If I didn't have the ToY already...
Rupert
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Yep A Unit, had a go in one in the late sixties at Weston S.C. after a Hornet Open Meeting. Better boat than a Toy, in that it pointed higher on the wind. It was a close call between the Contender and the Unit for International Selection. Unit also faster than Contender in light winds.
Cheers Al
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

If I hadn't just bought another IC I would be interested but I treasure bits of my anatomy too much to buy another boat at the moment. Unless I can persuade Anne to take up planking.......

alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Neil, I know what you mean. I was therefore very suprised that on being contacted about Reg Leach's National One Design of America ( Dolphin ) that Shona said have it. So I now have five and ahalf boats. I'm still going to finish off number 30 as its my dark winter nights thererapy (proberbly take at least a couple years). Reg's boat is the yellow one on the quay at M.S.C. and has been very well looked after. I may even sail it next weekend.
See you at Roadford Saturday? As a guys coming up for a go in the Finn.
Cheers Al
andrew

Post by andrew »

Well I bought the Unit - and it's a big boat almost 16 ft. Picked it up from Shropshire at the weekend. It's got a sliding seat that also pivots fore and aft on a tufnol mushroom shape. It also has a rather groovy open transom and tiller / rudder assembly that slides through from inside the boat to hook up onto the transom. The sail area looks - generous! I would be very grateful for any info, pics, experiences of, or references relating to this boat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If you go onto the news page, and scroll to the bottom, you will find a button marked 2004 xmas quiz answers, or some such. If you go there, you will find a pic of the Unit sailing, and a short note from Ed about her. I know no more, but others might.
Where are you based?
Rupert
andrew

Post by andrew »

Hi Rupert
Based in Emsworth. Sailed MR 2081 at Bowmoor - with a keen crew of 3
that provided commentary audible to all - "Why is he shouting windward at you ?" and "Look that man in the Pegasus has almost fallen in"
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Ah ha, it all falls into place! So now you have a Unit to go with the Finn and Merlin...You'll be level pegging with Ed, soon...
Rupert
andrew

Post by andrew »

Does anyone have a copy of the Yachts and Yachting review of singlehanders from 1965 (Oct 15th I think) ? It featured the Unit One.
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

I do, I have a very badly photocopied version that's missing the front page. I can scan it if required

regards

Neil

andrew

Post by andrew »

Thanks Neil -Will email you.