International 14 K792 'Toccata'

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Ed
Site Admin

International 14 K792 'Toccata'

Post by Ed »

INTERNATIONAL 14 K 792 - ‘TOCCATA’

Claims to Fame: Original owner was Peter Lucas of Lucas Sails, basically only club sailed by Ian Burnett, the second owner until 1989.

Design: Proctor VI: Built & Measured in 1962

Construction: Cold Moulded wood by Souter & Paul Nevard fit-out, twin-pack polyurethane ‘paint’ outside and normal varnish inside. £350 of ‘new transom’ work was done in the nineties, not sailed since. Buoyancy is bagged (still inflated after at least 15 years).

Mast: Proctor Epsilon

Main Boom: Proctor Aluminium, transom sheeting

Spinnaker Boom: Proctor Aluminium, tapered

Centreboard: Pivoting wooden centreboard

Rudders 1 fixed wooden rudder
1 lifting wood rudder

White Sails: 1 jib fairly new by Mike Mountifield of Hayling Island
1 mainsail well used by Lucas
1 suit, quite heavily used (from other 14 Tartan Magic)

Spinnakers 1 maxi-sized and 1 smaller river/lake size, both well used

Trailer: Older style but fully functioning combi trailer

Cover: Tailored but in poor condition

Ropes etcetera All are in good working condition

Stored: Except for the first ten years after purchase in 1966, stored in a garage when not sailed. The boat has not been used since 1989.

Price: <ed> The price for this boat is very reasonable.....and there is the possibility of a cheaper price still if it was to go to someone who is still a student or under 18. However they do need to either be a known Classic 14 sailor or someone who is prepared and able to make a commitment to sailing at Classic 14 events. </ed>

Summary: A good condition Classic boat, better than most of its age.

<ed> to contact owner, please send me an IM and I will put you in touch. </ed>
image002.jpg
image004.jpg
image006.jpg
cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Ed
Site Admin

Re: International 14 K792 'Toccata'

Post by Ed »

Toccata has now been bought by Andrew Thornhill and will go into the re-christened 'World of Boats' Trust, who are due to have a rotating but permanent exhibition in a Tithe Barn at Beale Park.

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
rme_01

Post by rme_01 »

interesting that he is still a buyer. Do you know what other boats he will be showing at Beale Park?

Robert

P.S in the interest of finding a rig for the Fairey 14 I have been offered a Proctor mast/boom from a "classic" flying fifteen (as yet unseen) - would that work?
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Sorry, I have no idea what other boats will be at Beale Park....only that these are destined for there.

Flying Fifteen masts often work well in other Uffa Fox or Fairey boats as he tended to base his rigs on classic 14 dimensions.

For certain they work well with Jollyboats, giving a pleasant few inches of additional height under the boom.

But in a 14 I suspect you may need to cut off a few inches from the bottom of mast. As for height of hounds, Jib-halyard etc....I am afraid you will have to get dimensions and compare to old mast or a set of rules.

If you don't have an old mast, my memory is that you have to make a decision of 'which' set of I14 rules you try to fit into as the mast height and stay-height rules I think changed in the 70s (totally off top of head this - so please do check).

But on the whole....I think it is likely to work well....so do some measuring and go for it.

If you need the rules, I think all versions are in the Int14 book, but if you don't have it, give me a call and I will dig out dimensions.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull