Fairey Finn 130

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Brookesy

Fairey Finn 130

Post by Brookesy »

They say you do not see one for ages then they come along in pairs, so here goes.
I have had this one for a few months now and really need to get working on my other boat so the garage where it is sitting needs to be used.
This boat has had only one owner from new and was laid up at least thirty years ago in a dry garage where it has sat until his passing on earlier this year.
It is complete apart from a rudder for which I found a replacement but not yet collected, and it will also require bouyancy bags and re roping.
This 1962 boat is as it would have been sailed in the early sixties and has a wooden mast and boom and a good terylene sail which seems to have seen little use.
It would appear that this was a home finished hull and as such does not have the built in sidetanks which means the air has circullated easily and there is no rot anywhere to be found.
Overall the condition is exceptional for the age and apart from some varnish which was scraped away in preparation for a refurbishment by its original owner which sadly never took place, it could be used as soon as it was rigged.
There is a sound trailer with good bearings, and a separate trolley, so just about a complete package.
The price is £500 which covers my costs in saving this beauty. I need to be convinced it will be sailed at Classic events before I let her go, as these were the wishes of the family of the original owner, and please no silly offers the price is firm.
Please check out the pictures and contact me for further info or to view her.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1124401834 ... directlink

GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious