Raudaschl Finn K333 for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
JonathanH

Raudaschl Finn K333 for sale

Post by JonathanH »

Dear All,

At long last I have decided to part with my 1969 Raudaschl Finn, K333. I have decided to advertise her within the CVRDA in the hope that someone will appreciate her as much as I have and look after her accordingly. I’ve owned her for many years and have sailed her during the summer months at my local club on the Isle of Wight. I was once fit enough to sail her without too much effort but it appears that I am ageing faster than she is! She is varnished throughout and still retains many of the original fittings such as the stainless deck ring, stainless bow handle and brass keelband. In the past, people have tried to persuade me to remove these items to make the Finn lighter. However, I preferred to retain her originality rather than win races. The hull is sound although there is a historic repair to the starboard side which was done before I bought her. There is slight damage to the port side of the coaming and I’m ashamed to say that this was done by me very recently when I was getting out of the Finn on a slipway. Naturally, the price reflects these minor issues. The sail is a North item (No 471) and is still in pretty good condition. Although I bought it some years ago, due to the fact it hasn’t had much use its still in good, useable condition. The metal mast is in similarly good condition, as is the boom. The Raudaschl is ideal for club racing but if I’m honest I enjoyed her more because she is such a delight to sail. Those with any experience of Finn sailing will know exactly what I mean, as they are quite superb on the sea, particularly in a blow. The Raudaschl also comes complete with a Banks cover and a launching trolley. At present she is at my sailing club and I would welcome the opportunity to show anyone interested around her. The asking price is £600. If anyone is interested just drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll be happy to supply images.
Best wishes,
Jonathan
PeterV

Re: Raudaschl Finn K333 for sale

Post by PeterV »

Sounds very nice, have you put her on the Classic Finn site as well?
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
JonathanH

Re: Raudaschl Finn K333 for sale

Post by JonathanH »

Hi Peter,

Good idea, I'll get onto it.

Thanks,

J