early Mirror

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
chris

early Mirror

Post by chris »

Someone in our club is selling mirror no.32.

See www.shearwatersailingclub.co.uk for details or I can pm a contact for you.
Chris
Mirror32

Re: early Mirror

Post by Mirror32 »

I'm selling Mirror 32, built in 1963 - one of the first 500 which were made within 3 months of the Mirror launch. This boat has very well preserved plywood and Jack Holt sails with the characteristic stitched on numbers, etc. The whole boat is complete and sound, but I have had to replace some of the old bronze screws and there are probably more still to do.
I have sailed it on Shearwater and at Roadford and it is stored dry in our garage. Comes complete with launch/road trailer combo in good condition. For sale £500 ono. BA11 6PN near Bath/Warminster. Photos on http:www.sailpb.com
chris

Post by chris »

Whoever owns it in July next year it is hoped that you will sail it in the Jack Holt Centenary event. This is still in the planning stage( more later) but we want to get the earliest Holt boat survivors to sail along side a modern example. As this could be one of the oldest around there could be some arm twisting ahead!
moggy

Post by moggy »

chris wrote:Whoever owns it in July next year it is hoped that you will sail it in the Jack Holt Centenary event. This is still in the planning stage( more later) but we want to get the earliest Holt boat survivors to sail along side a modern example. As this could be one of the oldest around there could be some arm twisting ahead!

oohhh tell me more about that event! I've GP14 #7 and it was built by Jack Holt, HRH Prince Phillips and the guys from Bells at the 1951 festival of Britain
GP14 - 7
GP14 -ex 23
GP14 - 13796

Enterprise - 20059
roger

Post by roger »

Moggy,

Is that your real name??

An announcement is imminnent. We are still negotiating with the host club for a date but it looks like it will be early July.

We are hoping the will be more than one event and perhaps a Holt travellers trophy.

More info soon.

Rog
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

GP 14 no. 7 sounds very interesting.