Many boats for sale here

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Max McCarthy

Many boats for sale here

Post by Max McCarthy »

Hi I was looking online for a fireball dinghy, here is what one of the searches came up with, unfortunately it is too far away for me, anyway enjoy:
http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/sail ... e-PAA23323
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Many boats for sale here

Post by Ed »

looks familiar to me....

think we have seen this garden before :lol:

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi Max,

here is another place to go looking:

http://sailingdinghies.apolloduck.co.uk

....and of course there is always eBay :).
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Nigel wrote:Hi Max,

here is another place to go looking:

http://sailingdinghies.apolloduck.co.uk

....and of course there is always eBay :).
I know, I had already searched there, and will check the adverts there anyway (every so often)
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

We have all envied that garden in the past :wink:

If you are after a fireball Max perhaps the one mentioned on the last page (3?)of this forum thread might be of interest :- http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index. ... pic=120173

Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
whacko!
Location: Emsworth, Hants; usually sail in Chichester Harbour

Post by whacko! »

Graham T wrote:If you are after a fireball Max perhaps the one mentioned on the last page (3?)of this forum thread might be of interest :- http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index. ... pic=120173
Hi Max,

If Crocodile JD comes on the market I suspect there'll be quite a bit of interest. Serious history there!

I can only echo previous comments regarding Bullet i.e. it won't be suitable for your needs. However, as suggested, Fireball is fine and reasonably-priced examples are very easy to come by. They will be 'narrow bowed' (those UKFA designate 'Classics') and not competitive with modern wide-bowed boats but I doubt that matters to you at the moment (that said, older wide-bowed boats can be acquired for low four-figure sums these days). Have you checked out the UKFA website? http://www.fireballsailing.org.uk/

Chris Turner
Fireballs 6, 66 and 14463
roger

Post by roger »

I may have a fireball available. I have just offered it to my brother for his kids/or himself as they are doing squad stuff and the gp is boring.
If he turns it down it is a tired ronder plastic fireball with needlespar mast, Spinny is tired and needs replacing but the sails are ok for cruising/club racing.
I will advertise it here if there are no takers in the family and it will be for what I paid for it, a donation to a charity of my choice but the buyer decides how much but I would hope you would be reasonably generous.

I will let you know.

roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Thanks Roger, that sounds exactly what I need to teach my dad, and I am sure my dad will be very generous towards a charity of your choice (of-course I will donate all the money I can!)
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

It not Crocodile JD that is on offer for free on the sailing anarchy thread but Dogbolter, another worlds winning boat. Just needs collecting from Ireland.....

Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Ah.....I'm guessing that was my garden last spring? (pic wouldn't open)......I can't seem to delete the ad for some reason, but I still get enquiries, .....garden currently empty.....but I think I may have just bought another "Ornament".......a useful one though.....more soon when I'm sure :?
Sami.
whacko!
Location: Emsworth, Hants; usually sail in Chichester Harbour

Post by whacko! »

Graham T wrote:It not Crocodile JD that is on offer for free on the sailing anarchy thread but Dogbolter, another worlds winning boat. Just needs collecting from Ireland.....

Graham
Ah yes, I see! Must remember to open eyes and engage brain before typing!

If it wasn't for the fact that further expansion of my personal fleet has been forbidden I'd be rather tempted by Dogbolter. Must resist though; wouldn't be able to hide the evidence for long!

Chris Turner
FBs6, 66 and 14463
roger

Post by roger »

Max McCarthy wrote:Thanks Roger, that sounds exactly what I need to teach my dad, and I am sure my dad will be very generous towards a charity of your choice (of-course I will donate all the money I can!)
Max I will let you know as soon as my brother says yeah or nay. I would be delighted for her to be enjoyed.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

fantastic, thanks Roger.
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

If not I know the lovely brown Plastic Fantastic that we think won the Europeans is definitely for sale. Let me know if you're interested. It is pretty close to fully functional.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

roger wrote:
Max McCarthy wrote:Thanks Roger, that sounds exactly what I need to teach my dad, and I am sure my dad will be very generous towards a charity of your choice (of-course I will donate all the money I can!)
Max I will let you know as soon as my brother says yeah or nay. I would be delighted for her to be enjoyed.
Hi Roger, i have just discovered there is a fireball for sale at my club, so due to the fact we only have an inflatable roof rack! It looks much more likely for us to get that one.
Thanks anyway,
Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337