Assorted fittings

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Keith66

Assorted fittings

Post by Keith66 »

I just acquired a large crate of assorted fittings, mostly stainless 1970's 80's stuff, there are mast & boom fittings, some alloy mast feet, holt allen centreboard winch drums(black plastic) seasure moveable mast step, a load of Voss roller jam cleats, trapeze hooks & bits, all sorts far too much to list!
Anyone looking for bits for a restoration let me know what you are after.
Max McCarthy

Re: Assorted fittings

Post by Max McCarthy »

Spare bits can always be of use. How much are you after?
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Keith66

Post by Keith66 »

Not looking to sell as a job lot as i often need bits myself but if people are after particular bits & want to have a rummage they are welcome.
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Hi Keith, I need bits for Agamemnon and it sounds like your box is from the right era. The mast step might be useful, plus I need a spreader bracket adn spreaders for the proctor mast. I do need other bits too, but won't know what until I start fitting out - should eb very soon now.

Maybe I could be in touch when I know what I need?

Thanks,

Nessa
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

Nessa wrote:Hi Keith, I need bits for Agamemnon and it sounds like your box is from the right era. The mast step might be useful, plus I need a spreader bracket adn spreaders for the proctor mast. I do need other bits too, but won't know what until I start fitting out - should eb very soon now.

Maybe I could be in touch when I know what I need?

Thanks,

Nessa
Hey Nessa, I have a load of mast fittings off the dead Merlin. mostly on the mast [gold proctor]. You can have the mast if you want! Anything you want if I have I'll bring it up to PM next w/e
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Keith66 wrote:Not looking to sell as a job lot as i often need bits myself but if people are after particular bits & want to have a rummage they are welcome.
In that case, what about the trapeze hooks? It might be worthwhile, having a few spare for the fireball. Have you any stuff suitable for a spinniker eg spinniker pole?
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I definitely have a fireball spinny pole, and lots of trapeze gear. Let me know if you want them.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Yes please, they would provide useful spares. How much do you want for them?

PS sorry for hijacking the thread :)
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
AndyV

Post by AndyV »

Oooh, actually, while we're at it, anyone else got a kite pole for a Furball they would be willing to sell on?

"Mine" (and I use that word loosely—it would have vanished before I got the boat) appears to have vanished from the club boathouse in the half-decade period between now and the time the boat was last sailed... Not that I have any right to complain in the circumstances.

It's likely to be a moot point anyway, as unless I can locate a Furball kite with a patch for the retrieval line (yup, it's a 'Ball with a chute) I won't be able to do anything more exciting with the pole than stick it out kiteless... :lol: But Max's post reminded me that I should probably start hunting for what I need sooner rather than later.

(If this is a thread hi-jack too far, shout and I'll move the post to a more appropriate location).

Andy
Keith66

Post by Keith66 »

No worries, only spinnaker pole bits i have are some end fittings, of a melges most likely, lot of the other stuff is FD sized.
Trouble is its a nightmare knowing whats of what!
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

AndyV wrote:Oooh, actually, while we're at it, anyone else got a kite pole for a Furball they would be willing to sell on?
Andy, if Nessa's is still avaliable, have it, as I have already got a spiny pole, I was just seeing if there was a possible spare one, so I don't need it. You on the other hand, sound as though you do.
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337
AndyV

Post by AndyV »

Max,

Very kind of you. However, I don't think I'll be anywhere near Nessa's neck of the woods anytime in the foreseeable future (and shipping costs for 2m long poles are obscene!) so I wouldn't be in any position to actually get it. If you need a spare, go for it.

Cheers,
Andy
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

AndyV wrote:Max,

Very kind of you. However, I don't think I'll be anywhere near Nessa's neck of the woods anytime in the foreseeable future (and shipping costs for 2m long poles are obscene!) so I wouldn't be in any position to actually get it. If you need a spare, go for it.

Cheers,
Andy
If your sure? Otherwise, I would gladly take them, if they are still avaliable.

Thanks Andy :)

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
National 12 3337