Wayfarer hulls and 420....

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Graham T

Wayfarer hulls and 420....

Post by Graham T »

Just a long shot but is anyone out there interested in 3 Wayfarer hulls and a 420 hull with mast and boom? I am helping a local scout group clear the end of the yard and these things have emerged......
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Nessa

Re: Wayfarer hulls and 420....

Post by Nessa »

I have just driven all the way to Cornwall for a 420.....but it did get me to Roadford too! We are having a resurgence in 420s here which is all good. What sort of condition is the hull in?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

Wayfarers really hold their value so the scout group could raise funds by cleaning up the hulls and e-baying them.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
andrew

Post by andrew »

Does the hull have a centreboard in situ?
Son and a friend have tonight broken it.
Would be interested in the board if no one wants the hull.
Any one else got a 420 board hidden away?
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

my interest in the 420 has been increased by the realisation that her indoors is voyaging to Gateshead at the end of the week. I am trying to build interest in the 420 here, and the scouts might be interested. Any pics?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

At present the 420 has no foils, sails trailer or indeed usable rigging. There is a mast boom and hull - but the hull has a few bodged repairs along the keel line and has been standing under trees for a few years so needs a very good scrub. I have not had time to look at it too closely but it is now upside down outside my workshop in Gateshead. Unfortunately I will be in Grimsby at the end of the week and teaching L2 at Kielder this weekend....... If you want a restoration project to teach kids boat repairs and have old sails etc hanging around then fine - if you want something to sail away then this isn't it. There may be some more bits to come but the new SI at the scout camp hasn't finished sorting out what bits he has lying around.. I do have a few photos on my phone and if I can I will get them to you.

Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
JB9

Post by JB9 »

Andrew, there is an old one at BBSC on a 420. If you are interested will take a couple of photos.
Harrier 25
505 7163