symmetrical spinnaker

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
last man

Post by last man »

I saw that someone else was interested in the cat if you are then shout out before it is delivered to me. I was addopting it to save from the fire Stephen
Getting as bad as the rest. Two boats and two tenders
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Well i am in south west near roadford, boat hasn't had work started on it yet(oh dear, times going too fast!) i dont quite follow what you mean about front and back. Erm...i am not sure bout which spinny it is nor what a "tight not" is. Sorry im not very good with names of things with spinnys.
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sorry for getting you a bit lost there!!

fro 'Front and back' I was referring to the very individual roles played by the helmsman (sorry again, very non PC, helmsperson) and the crew. All too often the man at the back stands there and shouts, curses and otherwise throws the toys out of the boat while the poor crew at the front is sweating buckets trying to get the damn sail to set!
A good helm - with or poor crew (or visa versa) will end up with a tangled spinnker and a lot of tension in an otherwise happy boat - so BOTH roles need practice! The 'tight not' is the person on the helm getting all uptight at things not working to his satisfaction.

I had another look at a Pegasus the other day and am very more sure that the 5o5 spinnaker is 'BIG' - too big! Fireball/Hornet is still at the maximum size and a smaller one still (like I said, a Scorpion maybe) would enable you to get to grips with using the sail. Once profficient and all the 'systems' working then's the time to go for more sail area.
I'm Solent based but if you're going to be in this area shout and we'll meet up.

David
David H
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

OK thanks i understand now! I will cetainly bare that in mind. Am going to go boat bit shopping anyway so will try and find a smaller spinnaker!
Cherub 2646 Madge
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Im calling on guys again to ask if a hornet spinnaker is to the right size 14ftleach/luff and 9.5ft foot? or is tht still abit too big?
Cherub 2646 Madge