1957 Fairey Int 14

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
rme_01

1957 Fairey Int 14

Post by rme_01 »

With some regret I am looking to sell my 1957 Fairey International 14. She has been restored over the past 2 years and I was looking forward to sailing her at the Classic International 14 events this year. Unfortunately as is often the case with the best laid plans things have gone awry, the problem in this case being a back injury which has put paid to my dinghy sailing in the immediate (and I am told, long term) future. I am not a natural collector and now faced with the prospect of never sailing her I feel the sensible option would be to pass her on to someone who can.

The hull and foils are finished to pretty much concours condition, the former being almost bullet proof having been stripped, WEST impregnated externally and then professionally finished in Awlgrip (see attached photos). By contrast the rig is untouched comprising an old Needlespar mast, no boom and some old (possibly original) Lucas sails. Whilst I don’t like selling a part complete project I am inclined to leave the rig as is so as not to prejudge a new owners requirements would they choose to replace it (alloy vs wood spars, mid vs transom sheeting, fitting placement, sailmaker etc.). The boat comes with a new unused Mersea combi trailer although that could of course be sold separately if required.

As to price I have no illusions about getting back what I have spent but then I have enjoyed the restoration work and what’s a hobby for!! I have put a couple of photos on https://picasaweb.google.com/1015381330 ... directlink ...I think!

Robert