Beautiful Fairey Duckling for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
ian60

Beautiful Fairey Duckling for sale

Post by ian60 »

I have for sale my Fairey Duckling in lovely condition. On Apollo Duck for £750 - yes I know it's a lot but all the work has been done and it's gorgeous and I don't really want to let her go however the space is needed. Advert ID is 265727. Needs a good home where she will be appreciated.

Ian 01395 222136 (Exmouth)
ACB

Re: Beautiful Fairey Duckling for sale

Post by ACB »

I REALLY should not be doing this, espescially as I built a very nice Nutshell 9ft stem dinghy 20 years ago, but I do have a dreadful weakness for Uffa Fox dinghies...

She's lovely.

Is she still for sale and what does she weigh?

F 3163 "Aquarius",
IC K229 nameless for the time being
I14 K377 "Mercury" - long term rebuild project
ian60

Post by ian60 »

Hello ACB,

yes she is still available - although a chap in New Jersey wants her and has asked me to get costs for shipping her to Newark!!

Not sure what she weighs, not far from the original weight I suspect as she has been garaged for ages now. Certainly a very easy lift for my wife and I. Original spec from Fairey says 135lbs.

Give me a call if you want photos. 01395 222136

Cheers. Ian
ACB

Post by ACB »

Ian,

Thanks, I will call tomorrow.

The Apollo Duck advert says Exmouth... I could put her on our Firefly combi trailer if her launch trolley can come to pieces.

F 3163 "Aquarius",
IC K229 nameless for the time being
I14 K377 "Mercury" - long term rebuild project
ian60

Post by ian60 »

I look forward to your call. The trolley is one piece but very light so would either tie down onto the combi base or sit inverted on top of the boat. The 135 lbs is all up sailing weight, hull weight is 100 lbs in rowing spec. The aluminium mast is about 20 feet long, the 'mirror' type rig (ali main mast, wood upper section) comes in at just under 10' for each section.

Cheers. Ian