Merlin Rocket 3055

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
MuckyRocket

Merlin Rocket 3055

Post by MuckyRocket »

Dear All,

I acquired MR 3055 2 years ago from Ebay in a sorry state with then intention of bringing her back to life, regrettably i am not finding the time to do this project justice.

I have a thread running on the boat identification section of this forum which shows some of the work i have undertaken so far- principally stripping the boat of fittings, removing deck, deck stepped-mast converion and front tank. Subsequently i have stripped off much of the accumulated crap from the interior of the hull, to almost level with the centreboard casing, and also some of the paint from the corresponding outer surface of the hull.

I am no expert, but there is a considerable amount of work required to bring this lady back onto the water - work that whilst i would love to undertake am simply unable commit to.

She has a mast, boom, spinnaker pole, set of sails and box of fixings which i removed. She comes with a launching trolley and a road trailer - the road trailer got me back from Hythe to near Sevenoaks, however it has been sitting outside since; in this respect i can make no guarantee as to its roadworthiness. There is no longer a cover for her.

The price for all this..... FREE, absolutely nothing. I will give her away to a willing home, however you must come and collect her (from near Sevenoaks). I can either post or email pictures to those interested.

Please let me know if you would like to give this old lady a loving home.

Regards

Dave

Edited to add she has been sat in the Garage for the last year and is well dried out.
davidh

Re: Merlin Rocket 3055

Post by davidh »

Oh no Dave...... I am sure that we have spoken already but 3055 'Shogun' is a boat whose fortunes i've followed in the past.

I travelled from Southampton up to somewhere up on the east coast - but nearer to the arctic circle than Murmansk with the intention of buying the boat. Rocked up - but hadn't even zipped up my jacket before I was back in the car and heading south again, with cash firmly in pocket.

Even so, I'm saddened to hear that you're not able to complete the work nor have you been able to enjoy sailing one of the all time iconic dinghies - Phil Morrisons Smokers Satisfaction. I've now got 3025 - in bits for a rebuild so in some ways we're both in the state - though I hope Smokey Bear will reappear nexxt season.

If you don't get any takers Dave I'd be more than happy to hook up with you and make an offer for some of your bits...

Good luck though,

D
David H
phil58490

Post by phil58490 »

Being nosey I looked up the other thread, here it is!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2836
Just across the Tamar in South East Cornwall

Solo 4928
Solo 3406
Hit 5 Sold
Godfrey

Post by Godfrey »

Having rebuilt two Smokers Satisfactions from a bare hull, I'd be happy to take on another, as rescueing Merlins seems to have become a bit of a mission in life.
Please dont asset strip her for parts if she is do-able.

I'm currently in the middle of a Proctor Mk9 which was a true basket case and which I have declared that I would sail on Boxing Day.

After that, its a case of who is next in the queue?
If nobody wants to take her on as a going concern, I could at least keep her safe, pending a re-build in due course.

Godfrey
Currently MR 3185 (and others in storage)
Godfrey

Post by Godfrey »

No reply to save this old lady? Perhaps I should have left contact details;- 07713-871802.
Godfrey
coriolis

Post by coriolis »

Dave
I am interested in restoring 3055 if no one else has already jumped in.Is it possible to speak by phone to discuss it further?PM your number if so.
Yours
Robin