Molded veneer firefly on the Bay.

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Metallurgix

Molded veneer firefly on the Bay.

Post by Metallurgix »

Firefly on the Bay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Firefly-dingh ... =RTM756412

Looks to have potential for someone with the time.
John Mason.

International 14 K1095 "Bird of Dawning"
International 14 K924 "Hipollyte" (on the back burner)
GP14 12290 (on the back burner)
GAVinT

Re: Molded veneer firefly on the Bay.

Post by GAVinT »

This boat reapeared on Fleabay, after a winning bid, as I had it in my sights before its price got past the do I really need this that badly mark.
Another I saw on a nearby farm, belonged to a young woman who sailed it whilst at Uni in Bristol, but it needed redecking and I had a Fireball under the to doos, and the Merlin Rocket made good whilst barely able to sail so declined that one..
I have always liked Fireflys and once lent the tiller off my then old Solo I had, to a new owner in our club, who had brought his plastic one fror a Sunday Sail, and with official club training to get him started in it. It fitted his stock perfectly.
Another chap has a fibreglass one too, but the only cold moulded type is only sailed during the Winter and Frostbite series by a boat repairer from East Mersea who sails his Byte in the summer there and the FF at Ardleigh.
Anyway once more into the breach, dear friends. Wish me luck.
Pat

Re: Molded veneer firefly on the Bay.

Post by Pat »

I can offer a Fairey Firefly for sale by a school in Wimborne, Dorset - believed (thanks to Rupert checking the yearbooks) to be 871 built around 1950. Looks in fairly original condition and I've put pictures on flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/pj2121/set ... 25/detail/ Currently dry stored but they need the space. Has all the bits - mast sails rudder etc as far as I can make out.
Looking for 250-300 but open to offers.
My friend Sally works there hence the connection.
Last edited by Pat on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)