Mast for an OK

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Alan P.

Mast for an OK

Post by Alan P. »

Hello All.

The big move is almost complete but i have a complete Proctor mast left back in my rented garage in Portsmouth that i must dispose of as i've given notice to vacate. I've already brought several masts down for my old bus, so this one is FREE to whoever can collect and that MUST to be ASAP after 5th Nov. If not, it will have to go for scrap which would be a great shame.

These Proctors were nicely engineered but were outsold by the various Needlespar offerings. Quite bendy so would be ideal to replace or supplement on windy days a wooden mast on a 60s or 70s boat.

PM me here if interested. Thanks

1211 has kissed the Med. Good to be back in her for the first time since Whitefriers last year!!
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
Nigel

Re: Mast for an OK

Post by Nigel »

Hi Alan,

that sounds like it would be perfect for the Hit 14.

The only problem is that I fly out on the 5th. Can anyone down that way collect/look after for me?
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Hello Nigel.

I may be able to deliver to a safe house locally if this helps.

So you still have the Hit. You kindly let me have a quick sail around the pond at Whitefriars last year. Had a very OK like set up with a Boyce mast, i seem to recall. The Proctor might be a good alternative on windy days although the Boyce was a good mast but again was outsold by the Needlespar jobs. I liked the Hit and thought that it had something. Interesting boat. Did you get the control lines sorted? This sort of rig really needs a fully adjustable traveller and good downhaul (cunningham in old speak) then you can power/depower very quickly and easily on the beats in changable conditions. But you've probably sussed this by now.
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Hi Guys.....I can supply storage in my outdoor mast rack, and I'm only in Havant, so close enough.......I may be able to collect if pushed as well, a big overhang on my roof due to the low centre of gravity on these masts, so I may need to sort my trailer out first.

Any help to you?
Sami.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sorry to have missed this - would have made an interesting mast for a non sleeved sail on the Minisail, which I've been contemplating... but fetching it would have been a problem, anyway.
Rupert
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Nigel wrote:Hi Alan,

that sounds like it would be perfect for the Hit 14.

The only problem is that I fly out on the 5th. Can anyone down that way collect/look after for me?
I have to come up to Bath from Portsmouth on Tuesday 6th, so could potentially bring it the short extra mile to Bristol, or drop it with a local sailing club/neighbour.
Michael Brigg
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Quite happy to run it over to Havant on roof bars. Works fine.
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Ok, ....not sure what's going to be best for everyone, so I'll await a message to tell me if I'm needed......I'm home most of the time up until the 10th Nov, apart from this weekend daytime (3rd/4th).
Sami.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Hi all,

sorry for the delay - been a bit busy getting all the stuff together for the trip.

Sami, if you could take custody, that would great.

Thanks Alan for mast and the offer to run it over.

Talk to you all in December (unless I can find some wifi :) )

Nigel
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Your welcome,Nigel

Sami,..... i'll be back in Portsmouth late Monday 5th so any time Tues 6th onwards. Can you PM me with your tel number and address where it's got to go.
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Alan.....have PMd you with details.

Nigel......don't know if you'll see this, but I'm quite happy to store it for as long as you need.......we're not moving for the forseeable future as far as I know. :D
Sami.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thanks Sami :D .

I will work something out when I get back.

If you ever need anything around Bristol or a guest pass to "Royal" Shirehampton Sailing club just let me know :lol:
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Thanks Nigel.....you just never know..... :)
Sami.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

If anyone can get it to Swindon before the Baltic Wharf meeting, I could take it down to Bristol then. Not quite on the way from South Coast to Bath, though, Michael.
Rupert
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Thanks Rupert but I will still be out of the country - back early December so may be an excuse for a Christmas road trip 8)