Any ideas what this is?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Wow, 1200 miles to collect a very small (and getting smaller!) old boat - you have just gone to the top of the list of mad people willing to do daft things in the name of sailing...
Keep us updated with the progress, and let us know when you have properly identified her - I'm not convinced she is a Shelley yet!
Rupert
Andy MacLennan

Post by Andy MacLennan »

Morning Rupert

lol - I do try my best to stay on top of the mad list - it is quite hard work though!

Honestly though, when you stay this far north you do get used to travelling - especially if you sail as everything seems to be at the other end of the country.

I've been looking at the Shelleys too - and am also not convinced - this one seems to be slightly flatter and more curvacious than the Shelleys but no doubt someone out there will recognise it!
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Well I know now of at least 3 members in Scotland....and at least two other interested parties....must be getting close to a time when someone will want to put on an event up there....and we can all come up to you for a change!

Out of curiosity.....how did you get your Robbins ply up to Scotland? Did you go down....or did they deliver....or do you have a local supplier?

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Andy MacLennan

Post by Andy MacLennan »

They delivered Ed - think they charged around £20 for the priviledge of doing so. Must say it was well packaged too.

Yeah - an event would be good in Scotland - probably best at one of the Central Belt clubs - bit far to come all the way up to Aberdeen!
davidh

Post by davidh »

More on Moths....... I was down at Weston Sailing Club (Southampton Water) today for their Warm Up event and there in the elephants graveyard is a complete moth..... by eye maybe a Duflos. It's still in one piece but fading fast by the look of it, a sad end for what was once a fast competitive boat.

Taking the idea of expanding the webiste further (with photos) how about a 'sad moments' corner where shots of boats seen in this sort of situation can be posted - someone somewhere might just say "that's just what I've been looking for" and take steps to save the boat from the bonfire
David
David H