Free Firefly Hull, Plate and Sails.

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm never going to find the time to do her up, so if anyone would like a free Firefly (F2451), here is one! The hull, which has a rotten centreplate case, comes with an aluminium plate and suit of Hyde sails in cvrda style condition (useable but with that "lived in" look). Needs TLC and a trailer to take her away from Swindon. Moth 533 and the house have seen to it that I'm never going to do the work. Also has a certificate, and as much advice on doing her up as you want (from none to lots!).
Rupert
stotty

Post by stotty »

Hi all
interested in the piece if the work is less than on my firefly - f1969 - use my uk email address - [email protected] - at present as am trying to smoothly change french isp supposedly pas de problem but if this is smooth god help me!!!!
t
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just sent you an email, Tony, but it vanished off my system leaving no trace...please let me know if nothing appears!
Rupert
stotty

Post by stotty »

did not arrive but may do eventually - am using dial up system - works well sometimes and not others!!
Mirror, GP14(x2), Seadog, Blandford Nymph, and Pegasus awaiting complete rebuild!
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'll try again, but just incase, a little more here. The hull barring the plate case is in OK condition, the aft end of the hog having been replaced not too long ago pretty well. The decks are all peeling varnish and stains, but could be saved if you really wanted to (she is a mark 3, with narrow ply side decks). The sides of the tanks have been removed and bags put in (this was done in about 1985, or so if I remember rightly) but it would be an easy enough job to replace them. Hope this helps.
Rupert
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

She has now gone to a new home in Newport, South Wales.
Rupert