Moth and Mark

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
solentgal

Moth and Mark

Post by solentgal »

I have reluctantly had to advertise one of my Moths on ebay, just in case anyone here is interested to have a look:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Inter ... 1e79ab0f65

The Mark will also have to come out of the garage at some point soon, but should be in usable condition by that time I hope.....whether I sell or put up with storing her outside depends on whether anyone will buy her for what she owes me (£250+).

I need the garage back by the end of May as I am collecting "stuff" from my parents in Scotland to store for a short period whilst sorting things out for them, and then the car and remaining Moth take up residence (Car?? :shock: ....I know, but she's 58 now!), so the Mark needs a new owner by the autumn, or will be stored outdoors next winter, which is not ideal.
PM me or use the number on ebay to text if interested, many thanks.
Sami.
Hotspur

Re: Moth and Mark

Post by Hotspur »

Lovely Europa Moth, wanted one of these a lot. I could be tempted and am not far from you... (Soton)
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

You're welcome to pop round and have a look.......the "good" one may also be up for sale unfortunately due to the amount of "stuff" I have to store in the near future!
Sami.
Hotspur

Post by Hotspur »

solentgal wrote:You're welcome to pop round and have a look.......the "good" one may also be up for sale unfortunately due to the amount of "stuff" I have to store in the near future!
Thanks. It may be I wait to see if the second one does go, then, as realistically I don't have time for a major resto at the moment, even if the main work is done. (I suspect for me it would be, to borrow homebuild aeroplane parlance, a case of '90% done, just 90% to go'). In any case I have about a day to decide! I do have a major yen for these boats, though, and never thought I'd see one, let alone two. It happens though that I've just acquired a sailing canoe...
Visit my blog Naval Air History at navalairhistory.com
Mcglashon

Post by Mcglashon »

hello solentgal! Ive just bought Skol Moth from Max Mcarthy.Any information about the ridiculous mast step would be greatly appreciated.
What was the original set up for the mast? Regards little feat.
Max McCarthy

Post by Max McCarthy »

Hi Pete,

Glad you made it to the site!

Cheers,

Max
AC 298 TimeWarp
Cherub 2627 - Sgt Murphy (nee Last Amber Dragon)
Farr 3.7 (slowly progressing build)
National 12 3337
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

What has this one got? Mine was original, and just had a very small spike that the mast rotated on.
Rupert
solentgal

Post by solentgal »

Hi everyone,

This one appears to have originally had a keel stepped mast as you can see the hole from the inside of the tank......put your phone inside and take pics/video as I did.......but the mast that was with her when I had her (and Max?) was a converted windsurfer mast with an extension glassed on the bottom. To get the necessary height it would seem that the current platform was built to take the load to the keel, and then a cup and ball joint at the step to give rotation.......a little unsightly, but worked quite well I thought. I hasten to add that it was like this when I bought her (from somewhere in Dorset if I remember correctly).
I can't really add any more than that I'm afraid.

Sorry to say I'm not sailing at present due to a bad back and family stuff that is ongoing......the fleet is now down to one good Europa Moth, YW pram and the Blue Peter dinghy.........not sure if/when I may sail again so all are up for grabs :(

Sami.
Sami.