A second Tempo Scow for sale!!

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
ianmgds

A second Tempo Scow for sale!!

Post by ianmgds »

I have come on here to sell my tempo scow and am amazed to find another for sale on here ( especially as I thought I had the only one).
Mine is ply home built in 1969.
It is in need of some TLC and has been holed this weekend whilst removing from the trailer.

Token £ 75.00 to cover cost of recent refurb, yacht varnish, etc.

It has a trailer and can be picked up from Cirencester. Glos.

sails well but needs some attention.

original building plans and 1960`s paperwork included.

Ian Smith 07703 510231 photos on request.
GAVinT

Re: A second Tempo Scow for sale!!

Post by GAVinT »

Sadly it's too far away for me right now.
I do remember chatting Tempos with you Ian as I owned briefly a plastic one, before deciding to keep my first Fireball instead.
Apart from the launching weight not being heart condition friendly for me, that Tempo had an effortless performance.
the then Commodore Christened it GAVs Ferrari, albeit the current Commode changed the Ferrari bit to Tomato. Ferratomo maybe would have been better, lol.
One wanderer sailor said why on earth did you sell that, we both started at the far end of the reservoir one Saturday afternoon, and whoosh the Tempo was gone down to the far end before he had got going he recalled. Well it was the weight thing alied to the boat splashing water up through the centreboard casing as the previous owner had tried to seal it with some old wetsuit neoprene. By the time I had also stopped bits falling off or breaking the fun factor was higher for me with that Fireball, the only boat of a great many I ever regretted selling.
I have to say if circumstances permitted, I would quite like to try a wooden Tempo as I believe one would be somewhat lighter.